Thread: How to migrate to WCF Oracle Adapter on Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006?

How to migrate to WCF Oracle Adapter on Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006?

Well I am using Legacy Oracle adapter on Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 to select record from Orcale database. I am using delete after poll option to delete selected record. However I have found that there is no such option available in WCF adapter? Can you tell me how can I implement above mentioned thing? I know that I can do this by using stored procedure. But i don’t wanted to use it as I am not interested to make any changes on database. Now let me know if you are having any useful instruction to get my requirement. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to migrate to WCF Oracle Adapter on Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006?

After going through the problem which you have mentioned over here I wanted tell you that you should try to read more record at a given moment of time. After that you should debatch all the records at a port level. You will be able to process all records through Biztalk engine as per your requirement. Also you will be able to flag records which you have selected. However to add flag you should create an extra column. Also you have to mentioned logic for delete records into PostPollStatement in wcf-oracle adapter binding.

Re: How to migrate to WCF Oracle Adapter on Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006?

In this particular situation main issue is you are getting single message for all matching rows when you are polling database table to enter new data on it. normally you would like to debatch messages into separate message for every single row. it seems to be really easy to do. however there could be an issue with property promotions. Since it wont work with incoming schema. The remedy is you have to create separate intermediate schema as per promotions and after that you have to convert incoming messages in newly created schema by making use of inbound maps available at receive port. I let you know that source schema supposed to be on top TypedPollingResultSet0 element at newly generated schema. It should not be below of TypedPolling element because transformation would occur once you have done with debtaching. Also you should not get confused withTypedPollingResultSet0 message as it does not contain much descriptor. RaindanceNotification type of messages are having much description.