Thread: RefreshRateMultitool.exe to test monitors Refresh Rate

RefreshRateMultitool.exe to test monitors Refresh Rate

Hello friends, Are you interested to know that what is the Refresh Rate of your monitor? If you want to do this then this tool is the best option for you. This is very good utility. If you use this then you will get the sequence of easy-to-distinguish images along with the Refresh Rate for your monitor. Therefore, if you are having the 85 Hz then it will show you 85 different frames. This is going to be very useful to make sure that your monitor is actually having support for more than 60 hz and that is also not dropping the frame rates. This can be used like more accurate input lag test.
    I am posting this here so that I can make other people to be aware of this and how the other people liked it. If you have anything else like suggestion or anything to make on this then you can also post that over here. As far as I know that this is capable to do all the useful things for which it is made. This is not very easy to completely describe that how can you make use of this program but if you are an advance user and you are really interested for doing these tests then you will be able to get this without any problem.

Warning: This application will make flashing images for testing your screen. If you are getting the seizure then this is going to be a risk for you. In this case, just close the program and you must stop using this. I don’t know much regarding the flashing lights and so you must be very careful about this.

After you get the warning screen then you will have to resize the window for filling up the big portion of the screen. You can make use of this any way you would like. Here is the download link for this.

Re: RefreshRateMultitool.exe to test monitors Refresh Rate

I am having the 24" LCD monitor and that is having support for the 75 hz vertical frequency but this is only true for the lower resolution like 1024x768 and lower and if it is set to the higher resolution then this goes to 60 hz with the 1920x1200. I was just playing the Counter-Strike at 1024x768 / 75 hz and something really looked wrong. I really cannot explain in words that what was the exact problem but the feel was not very smooth but then also I was getting constant 75 FPS and was having the v-sync on. I was able to find that the monitor was not showing me 60 frames while displaying the 75 hz input. I was just getting the 60 of those 75 frames and others are simply dropping. Because of this, all the animation becomes very rough. This was really a headache for me. Now I have accepted the fact that this is just going to display me display 60 hz inputs without any problem. Recently, I have also tested my older 17" Sony SDM-S71, which is having the official support for 85 hz and that is also showing me 60 images each second.

The concept behind this is just to get many photos and after that get the difference among them. When I saw the LCD on the left then I found that this was showing me 1/3rd of 2 frames, complete one frame and 1/3rd of the existing frame. This all is shown by the CRT. This is the reason that it seems LCD is at the back of the CRT by a complete one frame. If you wish to make use of the timer app the CRT is surely going to display you some time but on the other hand, the LCD will show you mix of times as of 0, 1, and 2 frames ago.So I think that this is not very easy to get that what the LCD was displaying exactly.

First of all, you must understand that the 120 Hz LCD is not going to have less blur when we compare that with the 60 Hz and this is when the window is moving. This is because; it is related with the pixel response time. 120 Hz is just going to build the movement smoother and this is because there are twice intermediate frames being drawn. If somebody is confused that how to make use of this tool to check if the frames are dropped then this is completely depend on the condition.

Let’s take an example, if your LCD panel is running at 75 hz but you believe that in reality this is just showing 60 hz, then you run it through 5 boxes. You must perceive 4 out of 5 boxes if it's really showing 60 hz (i.e. dropping each 5th frame), otherwise the entire 5 boxes if it's really showing 75 hz. I would run it through 6 columns as well as 2 rows of boxes. If it runs at 120 FPS and you perceive just 6 out of 12 boxes being constantly lit up, then it's just displaying 60 out of 120 frames every second. But if you spot that all 12 boxes lighting up, then this is really 120 hz.

I don’t think that you will have to force your monitor for anything for which it is not having support. You must use this as it works normally. If that is just having support for 120 hz refresh rate then use it with that rate only. I am not able to understand that what do you really want to test in it. If this is the 2 ms response time then it will be better for you to try to run that and the take some photos through as low exposure time as probable. After that see that what photos are captured. If you find that there are many of the bars lit up on the same time then reason for this is that it is not having very good response time. If this is having it as 2 ms then you are going to get very fast transitions as of black to white as well as white to black. One thing that must take care is that the photos exposure time is very low. This must be less than 10 ms. If you are taking the photo through the exposure time of 250 ms then each of the bar will be lit up in spite of the fact that you are having 2 ms response time monitor or else 500 ms one.

This program is downloaded through Softonic Downloader. The download is accelerated and is guaranteed virus-free. First, download the FREE downloader down. Then the required software is downloaded. During the download, we'll show you commercial offers, such as the Softonic Toolbar. Within 3D games Fraps shows the current frame rate and is thus well suited to performance measurement. Upon request, the program recorded the frame rate over a preset time and stores in addition to the average and the minimum and maximum frame rate of the measured 3D scene. In addition, you can create video and screenshots of games and movies. It is very popular among “gamers. " This folder will aim to teach you how to use the software and allow you to record your favorite video game play.