Thread: Unable to share screen with VNC on Mac OS X Lion v10.7

Unable to share screen with VNC on Mac OS X Lion v10.7

Hello friends, I have installed Mac OS X Lion and it was working very fine on iMac. But when I was trying to do use Screen Sharing from laptop then I was not able to use it and also cannot upgrade it. Even I was trying to use VNC from my PC or iPad to connect to the iMac then also I was not able to use it. Whatever I tried and make it happening for me, and then also there was nothing progress in that. It was giving me "could not connect" error and it was not providing any useful information about it. I am using Remote Administration turned on with thiMac and I was able to use VNC just before the Lion upgrade went in. So please give me some suggestion about it and tell me how to make it work for me. Thank you.

re: Unable to share screen with VNC on Mac OS X Lion v10.7

In Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, Screen Sharing morphs from a simple VNC remote screen viewer into a multiuser, Fast User Switching Remote Desktop solution similar to Microsoft's Terminal Services. In Mac OS X 10.3 Panther, Apple added Fast Users Switching to enable the system to support multiple users to be logged into their own graphical environment concurrently. Prior to that, each user had to log out before another could login to the graphical console. Multiple users could login via SSH, but only with a command line environment. In Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, Apple added Screen Sharing, a VNC client and server that enabled a user on one system to authenticate and view the screen of another system. Since 2002, Apple had also separately sold Apple Remote Desktop, which allows for remote administration and management. In 2004, ARD switched to VNC, an open protocol that enabled the tool to remotely control not just Macs, but also Windows PCs and other UNIX systems with a VNC server installed.

I was utilizing screen sharing on my MacBook Pro (Lion) to upgrade my Mac MINI than normal to lion and following both did the ARD client upgrade, screen sharing does not work. Have modified the settings on both, attempted remote administration vs. screen sharing, attempted VNC, no help from that. Express it’s connected, but the screen sharing button doesn't even come anymore. File sharing is great on this but Screen sharing, toast.

It is likely broken. Both Mac Mini and MacBook Air had no situations Screen Sharing following Lion installs. However following introducing an upgrade as well as iTunes 10.4 through Software Update, it has broken Screen Sharing (virtual display). I am able to share files through finding the Mac Mini down through Discoverer on my MacBook Air, but when an extended postpone joining to Screen sharing (following selecting the alternative), then afterward a different "Connecting..." progress bar-nothing. Screen sharing application is still running but nothing is shown on my window. It's quite odd and frustrating. Now I chose to interface via VNC and following spotted the Mac Mini, and afterward inquiring to drop in the password, Screen sharing has been stuck attempting to interface for the final 20 mins.

Screen sharing was broken for me on 2 of my 4 macs. Then studied it won't work unless the users have a password. Gave them passwords and now is well both via Remote Administration (ran ARD 3.5.1) and Screen Offering. Record sharing was in addition dead for me via AFB, good via SMB. Settled that by evacuating Home envelopes from the record of imparted organizers. I have not been equipped to work toward getting screen sharing to work whatsoever, which has never been a situation for me. I’m enlisted as a commissioned user on both machines, the passwords are right, but it continues telling me that the username/passwords don't work. But also this is when the computers have even now been "associated" utilizing the definite same passwords and user name.

Yes, I think you are right. While still running SL I instated the last updates combining the most recent ARD redesign. Promptly a while later my iTap VNC quit working. I had to download and establish RealVNC on the iPAD to continue having the capacity to remotely associate utilizing VNC. This was affirmed when I update dasecond Mac with the most cutting edge SL redesigns. iTap VNC stopped to unite to it besides. Right now I ran ahead with the LION redesigns LION and LION Server on my Mac small and LION in the iMAC. ITap VNC still remains broken but I would be able to utilize RealVNC to associate to both. It every so often hangs but is substantially useable. Turning it now and again and turning Remote Administration on and off DID NOT work for me. The customer VNC still indicates the login window and nothing you do can make you login. The console is solidified; you see the pointer move around. VNC/SCREEN SHARING is broken to Remote Management (ran ARD 3.5.1).

Utilizing VNC Viewer for iOS v1.4.1 you are able to now join to Screen Sharing in Lion OS X. Validate utilizing your Mac user name and watchword. Since you are updating you no longer ought to point out a partitioned VNC password. Turn it off by opening System Preferences then you got Sharing and after that to Screen Sharing, clicking the Computer Settings bind, and turning off VNC Viewers might control screen with watchword. You should then restart Screen Sharing (walk out on again). If you don't mind note, the most favorable outcome that could be expected user encounter, and encrypted associations, we invariably propose utilizing VNC Viewer for iOS with VNC Venture Version running on the workstation that you feel the need to control. You are able to trial VNC Undertaking Release Unlimited for 30 days. The most recent discharge of VNC Undertaking Release, form 4.6.3, incorporates Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) upholds. Since you have current back and upkeep blanket you are worthy for an unlimited overhaul.