Thread: App store hangs while installing updates in MacBook air

App store hangs while installing updates in MacBook air

Hello friends, I am using Apple MacBook air and having problem when I am using App store on to it. Whenever I am trying to install or updating any of application over MacBook Air then App store gets hangs. Really not knowing what it is problem and trying to working it out but not working in any method, so does anyone of you is having any information or solution to solve this problem, it will be really great and helpful for me. Thank you.

Re: App store hangs while installing updates in MacBook air

I would suggest you to install Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo, which is really good and helpful. One you have installs Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo which will be reinstalling the app store for you. So better download it from below link and install it. One you have installed it then restart Mac, as it starts then tries the App Store. It will be working very much fine and if you are already running v10.6.8 then also it will be working fine. After doing all this method then also getting problem with it then I would suggest that you turn off firewall, for which you need to go to System Preferences and in that go to Security and also if you have any antivirus installed then disable it and try to delete all cache which is associated with App Store, if application is running then quit and then go to ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.appstore/Cache.db and over there move Cache.db file to the Trash and again launch App Store. Just try this out it will be helpful for you.

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1

Re: App store hangs while installing updates in MacBook air

I do have one more method that you better check the startup disk such that is there a need to do repairing of it or not. Just launch Disk Utility which is founded in /Applications/Utilities, so you can search and start it. Just select startup disk which is there on left and after that select the First Aid tab. Once you have selected it then click on Verify Disk which is not Verify Disk Permissions and find out that disk require to repair, if it yes then click on Repair Disk. I do not think that it will work or not, but I think that you can try out this method.