Thread: Unable to update application on Apple MacBook

Unable to update application on Apple MacBook

Hello friends, I have recently purchased new Apple MacBook 15” and was using till now and was very much happy with it. Today I have visited Mac Application store then during that time it was told me that I have to update iPhoto and Garage Band. But it also tells me that application which I am using it is been purchased from some other Apple ID. If I switch to some to other ID then it tells me that I need to purchase application. When I was using first mac then during that time I was using trial version of iLife and I was not at all having any problem with it. If I confirmed that I have already purchased application then I am getting error message such that getting a system error with the Mac App Store. I am using two ID such that uses one ID for purchasing and other one for iCloud, when I am using both of them then also getting same problem. So I have visited Apple Support and download the updates for me. When I am trying to install then I am getting a message that it should be done with Mac App Store. I do think that store is not able to recognize any of ID or it is having previous owner on file as the owner of said apps, so please help me out. Thank you.

Re: Unable to update application on Apple MacBook

There is no proper solution for it, and also there is no particular method to get application for you for free, whereas it is been received as a bundle with the Mac. I think that there was a person who was also having problem that he was not able to get updates, I do not what method was suggested to him, will be finding it out and tell you. I would also suggest you to use AppCleaner to delete the apps and after that you will be able to purchase applications.

I do know about the other guy who was having problem, that person have purchased an Apple iMac and he has purchased it from apple care. I would like to tell problem he was having it, he have purchased iMac and then did a clean install and also removed the iLife bundle, after that he was trying to again install but during that app store was giving him some error. Such that application which he was using was not being accepted by its apple id and all those application were already assigned to some other id and it will be available to that particular ID Purchases list. So if you are not able to access by a particular ID and wanted to have update then you have to purchase that application. This problem is been occurred when that person have done a clean install, as when you are doing clean install then it remove original ID and if you talk with some Apple Reprehensive then he will be explaining you same thing, if you have done same thing then it will be same result for you.

I would like to add here something that if you have not done a clean install and when you are coming to update your iLife application at that particular time you will not be able to do it as it was been purchased from the Apple ID which was use earlier, if it was your ID then you can used it and if it someone else then need to get that id back and update application. If you are not having then you have to purchase apps using your Apple ID from the App Store, it will be costing you something $14.99 plus any applicable taxes and fees. I think that purchasing product for you will be better solution for you.

What I really wanted to know if anybody has had any achievement with apple in having the ability to get them without buying them. It has been stated in initial post: "These applications cannot be accepted by your Apple ID. These applications were at present allotted to a different Apple ID, and they will be ready in that Apple ID’s buys list. In the event that you don't have access to that Apple ID and would like to receive future updates, you ought to buy the applications." So as you are able to see, iMac given me a chance to know that I need to buy them. The individual that basically had the computer is deceased, consequently the reason that I bought it 2 months following its initial buy date and I think it just honest that forasmuch as they joined the workstation that it could be on the computer. So what I am positively inquiring, it is safe to say that it is feasible to get them without buying them? Has anybody had an interaction with managing with backing and been equipped to get them in this sort of scenario or is the people basically denied?

One solution I suggest is that Transfer. You would not be able to lease, rent, loan or sublicense the Apple Software. You would, be that as it may, set aside a few minutes changeless transfer of every last trace of your license rights to the Macintosh Programming to an additional gathering, provided that, the transfer absolute necessity incorporate the sum total of the Macintosh Programming, combining all its part parts, first media, printed materials and this License; you make a point not to hold any duplicates of the Apple Product, full or halfway, incorporating duplicates saved on a workstation or different space unit; and the gathering accepting the Apple Product peruses and consents to affirm the terms and states of this License. All segments of the Apple Product are given as a component of a pack and would not be able to be split from the cluster and circulated as standalone requisitions. The Apple Close User Permit Understanding for bunched product advances me to think that you are in-titled to accept a transfer of the rights to the clustered programming and that you ought to not need to buy the product in parts with the buy of a 2nd hand Mac.