Thread: Where is iWork 11?

Where is iWork 11?

Well Apple has released new Mac App Store and they are releasing new iPad and MacBook as well. but I was not able to find iWork 11. I was really disappointed as they have not upgraded. I am using this particular program from past couple of years. I wanted to see new version on the same. even Apple has not made any announcement about the same. Let me know if you are having any useful information on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Where is iWork 11?

I think all the people who are looking to have new version of iWork should have some patients. As apple brought new magical iPad 2 in same manner they would brought magical iWork 11. I am sure about that new version of iWork would work on new iPad 2 as well. they have already released iPad 2 so I think we are expected to have an update for iWork really soon. Why I am saying that there are more users of iPad than that of iWork. As they are going to release this particular software after long time so it would be expanded or you can say improved in various expects rather than of having some small changes in the current version.

So far there is no word from Apple Side. I don’t think so there is no sense to wait for releasing of iPad 2 for iWork. If they are considering iPad Sales seems to be smaller than that of popularity of iWork. Somewhere I read on interent that iWork 11 is going to have native support to 64bit. I think it might have some issues with existing 64bit hardware available so it might need to downgrade to 32bit. This particular software is going to have support for cloud computing . that means you will be able to put all the iWork documents on the cloud by using it. however Apple has not released "cloud computing so it might delay the releasing of iWork 11. I don’t whether above mentioned things are true or not but I am sure that there is no connection between releasing iPad 2 and iWork 11.

I am not sure whether iWork users are more than that of iPad user. I have seen that people are getting switched to iWork just because of there were lots of bugs in MS Office which for Mac OS X. if I can tell you an example is infinite error message loop where MS office is getting stuck completely. Here you will need to quit MS office forcefully. Even many times application is getting hanged as well. it seems to be a bad Microsoft Product well. I am not saying that there iWork is bugs free. But in fact it is far better than MS Office developed for Mac OS X. it is not having much problem than that of MS Office. You will find that it is quite easy and faster to use . it is not having feature such as MS Office. There is no sense to wait for iPad however we know that Apple has done some really strange thing in the past. We might have cloud-based MobileMe for iWork in order to revitalization it. if I am not wrong we are going to get MobileMe product for free of charge. iWork 09 was looking creaky when you compare PowerPoint 2010. However it supposed to lag in terms of graphic flexibility, image manipulation and clumsy file sizes.

Well I would like to see some new version of animations and transitions into keynote. It seems to be a great solution if there would be interlink between iLife¸iWork, MobileMe and iOS 5. I could not believe that there is no iPhoto for iOS. In case it has been released in this summer with Lion then they would continue with ilife and iwork. Personally I am looking for an update for my iLife. According to my experience Keynote seems to be buggy and crashy . Apple is looking to develop software which can take the advantage of multi core system. where there competitors are making multi-threaded, 64-bit versions software’s from past many years. Apple's competitors are quite ahead when they are developing software which would run on Apple based system. Well I am using Keynote 09 from past many months and I really hating it as it is crashing and corrupting all the files at regular interval. I hope apple would bring up iWork 11.

Microsoft has released number of product for business arena. Below mentioned four things made me away from Microsoft.
    • Third party hardware manufacturer.
    • Windows Vista not working as expected and Windows 7 is having senseless automation and it is really slow.
    • Microsoft Office is having terrible interface they have designed
    • Customer support.

My friend was a software developer and he used to develop software for both Microsoft and Apple. I am having time to get software so that it can mark to 97% and programmers are ready to reach 80 - 95%. I don’t mind if we need to wait for longer period of time as their software’s are having capacity to do all the things. So I am sure at the time of next release it would be really better software. I am using iWork and I did not got any crash but in fact I got compatibility issue when I supposed to exporting documents to Microsoft products.

I think you are right. Apple software’s are having not only better look and feel as compared to Microsoft rather it supposed to work better as well. I came to know that iWork 11 going to be release when Microsoft decided to release Office 2011. If this particular thing is true then Apple would go back and it would have better feature so that it can attract Office users. Personally I really love to work on Pages '09 and it allowed me to create some really complex documents. I would like to see if new version would have support for 64 bit code and some amazing feature.

Person who are happy with Pages apart from compatibility issues with Microsoft word would like to know below mentioned thing. I was using Pages to make great marketing documents and used to make pdf documents from the same. if someone is sending me .docx then it does not working with Pages, TextEdit, docxconverter, OpenOffice. Even OS X word processor is not able to preserve .docx content as well as formatting by means of read or write circle. So there is a big issue in terms of Word compatibility with Pages. If they are not going to fix this particular issue then I am not going to update iWork by any mean. I think iWork wont be a important thing for apple. If there are lots of people who are using apple then also there would be very less people who are using iWork. I am sure about that there would be an update somewhere in the future but after that iWork would not have any future. People who are thinking that MS office bad should go for free options available on the internet.

As far as iWork is concerned there is need of an update. I had great time with this particular software suite. However iWork 09 and 08 are concerned they are not having backward compatibility. There are number of times which are not addressed by apple.

1. The grammar and spelling correction options are really basic and there are no rules are applied to fix it.
    2. Another thing is I wanted to tell you that Auto Save feature did not seems to working until and unless you have installed Mac OS X Lion.

There are some polish, fixes and tweaks are needed for it. if they are not going to do then it would be killer for iWork. There is no need of anual updates as it would add some minor things in the software. There is no need of updating iWork 9 rather I am looking to have totally new app. otherwise I would go for MS office.

I don’t agree with you. I think iWork could be have bright future. Why I am saying because iWeb, iWork are doing well with iOS running device like iPad and iPhone. I did not used iWork in my past but switched to just because of compatibility thing. particularly for computer and iDevices with iCloud. It seems to be an ideal time for Apple to take over MS office and share the iwork compatibility between various devices. Apple to looking to make working iWork on iOS showing that Apple people are really committed to take a step ahead for iWork.

Well I can understand the complexity of merging the iWork components for the OSX systems so that it could work fine with iOS devices by making use of iCloud. You should not forget that iWork upgraded so that it can work with Lion with having version control. It supposed to work with version control with icloud so that you can use both iOS and OSX without having any issue and without losing any format of the documents when it is getting switched between devices. In today world when you are trying to switch the documents then it would prompt you that you are going to loose some format and documents. There might need to purchase iOS iWork product as they are working on different skin.