Thread: iPhoto is having multiple version of single photo

iPhoto is having multiple version of single photo

I have recently started using iPhoto and the problem that I am facing with the same is that I have found it to be creating multiple versions some images, I just wanted to know if there is a by which I can consolidate these images into one, I have checked about the same in some other forums but then I have not yet found an effective solution to try out, is there anyone who can help me out with this???

Re: iPhoto is having multiple version of single photo

I have recently started using iPhoto and the problem that I am facing with the same is that I have found it to be creating multiple versions some images, I just wanted to know if there is a by which I can consolidate these images into one, I have checked about the same in some other forums but then I have not yet found an effective solution to try out, is there anyone who can help me out with this???
    Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know few things so that I can understand your issue better and will try to help you out with the same as well, are you getting replicated Image when you are opening the image in the Photos view or they appear when you try to edit it and so? Do you find only one instance of the images when you are going in to Photos.app on your iPad? The images that are getting replicated are from the camera or you have synced over from your computer or you have got them from photostream? If you are not able to see replicated images in the Photos.app then just try turning off your iPad off and on and after that just delete the iPhoto.app and reinstall it. If the issue occurs again then I guess there might be something wrong with the Photos.app which might be resulting in to such issues in iPhoto, so you should better try out backing up and restoring your device, just try out the possible solutions that I have suggested and then let me know which one is helping you out.

I have tried following the solution that you have suggested but then I don’t think that they were making any difference as I am still having the same issue, I have checked out the iPad photos app and the duplicates are not appearing there but then they are just appearing in iPhotos app and they are in the "Photo" section of iPhotos, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling iPhotos app and just after the app finishes Updating Photo Library then the duplicates occur, I also wanted to add that it is duplicating the photos from the camera roll and from a photo album as well. I have noticed when I add a new photo to the Camera Roll or the Photo Stream then after the Updating Photo Library process a duplication of the same image is created and the same happens every time when a new photo gets added the Camera Roll or the Photo Stream, I am not very sure but then it appears as if it is a bug in the software, what do you think about the same??

I don’t think that it is a bug as I am not having any issues like that, If it would have been a bug then a no of people would have raised the same issue and I have not yet found the vast majority of iPhoto for iOS users having the issue you have described, I think that there is something wrong with some other item of data on your device, I wanted to know of you are having any other apps that might be accessing the contents of the Photos.app, if yes then just try out uninstalling the same by the time as there are possibilities of them to be interfering, so just remove them and make sure that you are power cycling the iPad for testing it out but then if the issue is still the same then try out doing Backup and restore as it has been suggested already. If you are not aware of the process then you can refer to the below article for the same.
    iTunes: Backing up, updating, and restoring iOS software

Ok now I have tried following the full restore process and have reinstalled the apps as well but then the issue is still the same when I am opening iPhoto, when I am adding a new album in photos app and after that when I try to open iPhoto the same images are getting duplicated once but then as soon as the iPhoto is doing a Library Update it is getting replicated again, even I think that there is something else that it causing this issue from outside the iPhoto, I am having a number of photo apps on my iPad and I am not willing to try out removing all of them for investigating if they are interfering or not. Is there any other solution that I can try out?? Any further help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

I am having a workaround for the same but then I am not sure if it is actually the perfect solution, I have was getting duplicates after creating a custom folder in the Photos app, just to explain the same whenever I used to take photos from the camera and add them in to any album created on the iPad then I used to get the duplicates after launching iPhoto, so later after getting rid of the custom albums in the Photos app I was not getting the duplicates in iPhoto, I have checked out events as well as the Journals section of iPhoto and I have not come across any duplicates there as well, so if you all want then you can try out the same if you are having similar case as that of mine.

I have been running in to same issue, in my case the photos that are grouped in albums are getting duplicated every time in Photos View after the iPhoto updates media library, I have found that the photo that are not grouped in albums are not getting duplicated and it is not affecting when I am creating an album, I mean that when I am saying photos to the Camera roll in iPad then everything is appearing to be ok but then when I am adding them to the newly created album in Photo.app the n they get duplicated, I have tried deleting the album in Photo.app and at that time the photos had stopped duplicating after update but then they were in the duplicated state, even I have tried Reinstalling iPhoto but then it is just not helping and the photos that are in the albums are getting duplicated every time after update, I think that this is a bug of iPhoto which has been discovered by few peoples by now, It appears as if the photo files are not getting duplicated as there has not been a big memory lack by now but then I think that there are duplicated links to the same file and so. Anyways has anyone out here have solved out the same by now??? If yes then please let me know the workaround as well.

I have now checked out for the same issue in a some other forum and I have found a number of people having the same issue so now I am quite confirmed that this is an bug, and I am so sure about the same because I have contacted the apple and I had some words with the senior advisor and they were aware of the same and they have also recreated the same issue on their side as well, they said that they are still working on a solution for this and will report me back when they are able to solve it out on their side. If anyone still have a doubt regarding the same then even they can contact the apple support and find it out. So now I am just waiting for the apple to fix this issue.