Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to change the username in the processes tab in windows task manager

Windows Software

Old 19-04-2012

smile How to change the username in the processes tab in windows task manager

I noticed that my username in the processes tab in windows task manager has been changed by either malware or a windows update. It now appears in Taiwanese or Chinese! How do I change it back? I have googled this topic with no success. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate. I have scanned for malware with MalwareBytes, AVG 2012 and found no malware or spyware.

Old 20-04-2012

Re: How to change the username in the processes tab in windows task manager

Quote:
I noticed that my username in the processes tab in windows task manager has been changed by either malware or a windows update. It now appears in Taiwanese or Chinese! How do I change it back? I have googled this topic with no success. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate. I have scanned for malware with MalwareBytes, AVG 2012 and found no malware or spyware.
I just wanted to know,is just appearing as Taiwanese or Chinese in the windows task manager or it has affected the user account as well??? I mean are you having any issues in logging in with the same account?
Old 20-04-2012

Re: How to change the username in the processes tab in windows task manager

It only appears in windows task manager. My user account has not been affected. I attached two files so that you can see what it looks like.
Attached Images
File Type: png Task Manager.png (696.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: png User Account.png (436.4 KB, 1 views)

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,