Thread: Is it possible to read iBooks on macBook Pro??

Is it possible to read iBooks on macBook Pro??

I have been using iBooks on my ipad and iphone and I am not having any issues with the same but then now I am willing to read iBooks on macBook Pro but then I am not sure if it is possible or not, I have asked the same question to other as well and have got different answers and that has made me consumed, so I just want to know if reading iBooks is possible on mac book pro running on Mac OS X (10.6.3), is there anyone who has been able to read iBooks on macBook without any issues??

Re: Is it possible to read iBooks on macBook Pro??

In that case I will like to inform you that it is not possible to read iBooks on macBook Pro as the iBooks app is just available for the iPad and the iPhone with firmware update 4.0, as far as using it on macBook Pro is concerned I just wanted to add that an app that has been made for app written for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad won’t work on macBook Pro where as an app that has been made for macBook Pro won’t work on iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad, there are possibilities that they will be made available for the macBook Pro as well in the future but then they won’t be working currently, one can expect something similar to be able to read iBooks on macBook Pro as well. Hope that helps.

I think that you should suggest the same to apple, the e-books can be a viable platform for reading out books and I think that this capability is really required, I think that if we are buying books in the 'e' format then they should probably support all the devices, I also want to share that I am having a number of books on my bookshelf and I have bought them from different computing platforms, I really want to have all books with me rather than boxing them and moving them, I really cannot throw any of the item, apple should really consider this and ensure that the books that we buy can be used by iPad and OSX as well, I have heard that the solution to iTMS was ending up the unlocked AAC and MP3 but then I m really hoping the direction stuff like books moving as well, or there should be some way for using the books on different platforms. It was important to me with $1 song personally but then it is just more important having $40 book which will be used for me for several coming years and the e-book' companies should really look in to this matter.

I have been finding out an answer for the same, as we know it is possible to read books that we buy on any platform with the Kindle but then I personally like the iBooks reader for the ipad and the iphone, the books that I buy from the Kindle can be read on MacBook, ipad,iphone, and may be on pc as well and I am expecting the same from ibooks, I also wanted to add that kindle is capable of syncing up from the page we left, just to explain the same I was reading a book on my iPad last night and this morning when I opened my MacBook then it was reading from somewhere else but then the Kindle has asked me if I am willing to pick up from the page where I had left off on my iPad, I think that it is a great plus for kindle.

I completely agree to you on that by now I have downloaded a number of books from Kindle app as it allows us to use the same on multiple platforms, I really like the sync function of it as well and it is just great, but then the selection of books available on the Kindle is the most important part, I hardly find the books that I look out for reading on iBooks, I am really thinking of quiting ibooks and getting the them from Kindle if apple won’t be catching up this area soon. I mean that if I am buying book paying so much then why should I get it just reading it with an iPad and not reading the same thing at work on different platform, I have found a no of people who are willing to get the books from ibooks to be working on MacBook as well and I am quite sure that Kindle will have to run for its money if apple will be fixing this out.

Even I think the same, I think that the current eBook market is lacking in providing the ability to lend books, just to explore if I am getting a copy of a book then I am able to permanently or say temporarily give the possession of that copy or pass it to my friends but then the same does not seems to be possible with eBook, I think that this is the issue why apple is not fixing this out as there is a huge difference between physical ownership of books as compared to just having the digital right for viewing, if we get an physical book then it is we who is subject to wear and tear and that’s the reason that why second hand books are cheaper but then this cannot be the same for the eBooks as they cannot be weared and teared, as far as the right for an eBook is concerned it allows us to re-download it if it is lost or erased, I personally won’t be having any issues in paying extra so as to get the ability of lending books to someone else when I am done with it.

In my case I am having iPod Touch as well as an iPad and I have been them for e-books at home but then at work I use PowerMac that is having has and I am also having a MacPro with iTunes to which I have synced the iPod and iPad, so when I am at work and if someone recommends a book that I prefer then there is no way of finding out if the book is available for my iPod Touch or my iPad from the Apple iBookstore as I don’t carry my iPod Touch or iPad at my work but then I can check out if the book is available via Amazon for the Kindle App using the PowerMac computer at my work and I really don’t need ipad or ipod touch for the same, I really find this scenario most frustrating and sometimes I just end up getting them from Amazon as I can check out the availability, I don’t know why apple is not doing something like that for their Apple iBookstore so that we can get the music or movie or audiobook or App using the itunes from our computers and then later sync them with the iPod Touch or iPad for reading, this function is really needed I really wish that apple fix this out soon.

Eve I am disappointed as we are not provided an OSX iBooks app, I really cannot guess the reason behind the same, I have bought two latest MacBook Air generations and they are having the giant Thunderbolt display which is used by me and my brother, my brother is having iPhones where as I am having an ipad and my bother use the Kindle device and he is able to read the Kindle app for Mac on his Thunderbolt display, I have also bought some iBooks and have read the same on the Kindle but then I am not able to read them on Mac, it is really annoying and it make me feel sometime that I should stop getting ibooks book until there's an OSX reader, I am not having any issues in buying Kindle books and then reading them on the Kindle app on my iPad as well as on my mac using the Kindle app. I think that the apple will be losing their business from their loyal customer if the wont be fixing out silly iBook reader, even I wish them to force out iBooks for Mac.