Thread: Pdf's pages are loading blurry after upgrading the iBooks app

Pdf's pages are loading blurry after upgrading the iBooks app

I have recently upgraded the iBooks app in my iPad and since then the problem that I am facing is that the Pdf's pages are loading blurry but then after some seconds they are appearing fine, I was not having this issue before updating the iPad, I have now deleted the app and have sync with itunes that was having the previous version and I am not finding the same issue here, I just wanted to know if anyone else has faced the same issue after upgrading the iBooks app, I am willing to upgrade the apps and then sync with iTunes thinking that it will work now but then I doubt if I will be able to go back to the previous version again, is there anyone who can suggest me some workaround for solving this issue??

Re: Pdf's pages are loading blurry after upgrading the iBooks app

I have been running in to similar issues after upgrading the iBooks app to 1.1.1 and then sync my ipad, in my case I am not able to see the book in pdf, by now I have tried sync several times but then it is just not making any difference and the issue is still the same, I have found that when I am syncing my iPad then the books are getting copied but then I am not able to see them, I have been looking out for a solution regarding this in some other forums as well but then I have found people having issues with pdf getting blurry and so, It seems as I am having a different case, I am quite sure that the issue is with the last two "upgrades" on iTunes as a number of people are running in to similar issues after getting the upgrade, if anyone find a solution for this then please share it will be highly appreciated.

Even I am having the same issue, since after upgrading the iBooks app all the PDF's are appearing blurry now but then they are not continuing to rectify the same after some seconds as one has mentioned it above, I mean that in my case they are appearing to be permanently blurry and this is just making them to be practically unreadable, I was not having the same issue after the upgrade, I have checked out for the same in other places like you all have found more and more people suffering the same but then I have not yet found an effective solution for fixing this issue, I am not able to track out the cause of this issue rather than thinking that the upgrade is the culprit, is any one able to solve out this issue by now, or is there any specific upgrade for solving this issue?? I really want to solve this as soon as possible as, I have found people suggesting to downgrade to the previous version for getting rid of the burry pdf but then I am not sure if it is possible?? What do you guys think about the same??

I have checked out for the same and I have found two possible solution that you all can try out for solving the issue, the below solutions have been mentioned to be working for a no of other user, so there are possibilities that it will help you all out as well:
    • First delete all the PDF of iTunes and then sync the iPad, after this just drop all PDF to iTunes
    • Now Sync the iPad and then disconnect the iPad from the system
    • When you are done with the same then just Open iBooks and then wait for some time as it will take time to load the books and after that you can start reading them without any such issues.

If that does not work then you can try to upgrade the iBooks app top the latest 1.1.2 update as some people has mentioned that it is not having the same issue.
    Just try out the above possible solutions and then let me know which one is helping you out.

In that case I will like to inform you that I have tried updating to the latest 1.1.2 update but then it is not making any difference and the issue still exist, I am having the same issue on my iPad as well as on the iPhone 4, the blurry effect has been reduced but then the latest 1.1.2 update is just not solving the issue completely, just to explain the same in detail when I am jumping to some other page using the navigation which is at the bottom then the page is loading fine but then when I am flipping to next/previous page then the same issue arises again, It seems as if the issue is because of the size of the file but then I am not sure about the same as I was not having any such issue previously, after the upgrade the app is appearing to be faster, I have been using GoodReader and Fast PDF as well and I have not faced any issues with them, I have noticed that the issue is mostly with the files having more than 480 pages and that’s make me think that this issue is because of the size of the file. Have you all noticed the same?? Has anyone been able to fix this?? Any help regarding this issue will be highly appreciated.

I have tried following the uninstall reinstall solution that has been mentioned above but then it is really not helping me out in my case, other than this I have tried updating to the latest 1.1.2 update as well and even it did not helped, the pdfs are too blurred to be read, I have found that the spinning wheel icon in the top keeps on spinning. I have found some people saying that the uninstall and the reinstalling solution has worked out for them but then I don’t know why is it not working in my case, by now I have tried out all the possible solutions that I could have but then I have not yet got any luck, is there any other workaround that I can try out to fix this issue. Is there anyone who can help me out with this?? thanks in advance.

The fix is easy. Quit iBooks and launch it again. If you don't know how to do this, power down and power up again. Worked for me.