Thread: After opening itunes, iTunes Music Library.xml wont update and can't export new library.xml

After opening itunes, iTunes Music Library.xml wont update and can't export new library.xml

I have been trying to fix this issue for long time and hope you guys help me in my matter. It seems ever since I updated itunes my library has stopped working with Serato and scrath live . I have found from some sites that it is recommended to not use iTunes with serato but I have got too much to take the time as well as redo.it came into my view that to the conclusion my xml file is corrupt because it is not updating and hasn't updated. I have by now gone to that date added and looked for files and it states that my iTunes Music Library.xml inside my itunes folder. I also made an upgraded of my itunes as well as serato scratch live . so I am not able to get what to do or if you are providing some solution will be helpful.

Re: After opening itunes, iTunes Music Library.xml wont update and can't export new library.xml

This is a common issue and usually occurs each time itunes updates its software. According to me, I will recommend you to manually import the music into Scratch Live by making use of the "Files" tab on the main page. This is common for people to use itunes so that they are able to rip cds and create the desirable song files that will wind up going into the Scratch Live library. preferably you would organize the music files in your own folders . after organizing the music on my HD it is very simple for me to open Scratch Live. In this way the music is organized. If you will require to do all of your tagging , you can make changes directly in Scratch Live. We advise using the crates along with smart crates in the software in the same manner you have been using your playlists furthermore smart playlists inside itunes.. Simply make a new crate, open the Files tab, and then drag the folder back into the program and you are prepared to gig another time in some short span if time. In the past we have had people try rebuilding the itunes library but lately we have seen odd characters in the itunes id3 tags causing problems reading that library. There was a tag checker we found on the apple website. Give this a look over and hopefully this can help remedy the issue. Ultimately though, I would start to consider not using Scratch Live to read the itunes library.In the past there were people who were trying to rebuild the itunes library but recently we have seen odd characters in the itunes id3 tags due to which we not able to read that library. You will find a tag checker on the apple website. You will get some or the other hint regarding this case .

Re: After opening itunes, iTunes Music Library.xml wont update and can't export new library.xml

I made some searches and found a Validator 1.4.1 application which is very easy to use as it is a drag-and-drop XML validator which is suitable for Mac OS X along with Windows. You need to drag an XML file onto the Validator icon. If the file has a document type declaration, this application will report the file to be valid or not or not well-formed. In addition, this application will let you know and give reports the file as well-formed or not well-formed if the file does not have a doctype. So you can make a proper use of the application and hope this helps you.

I was also having same issues but it was this time not with serato but with launching djay and while launching, it brings up a message which says "djay cannot find your iTunes Music Library.xml file". I then made a search for the xml file in my music/itunes folder but it was not able to load and djay was coming back with the similar message. I think I will not be able to do it without a library . and according to the location of my file, it’s in ~Music/iTunes folder. djay has been working simply great but this is the first time I have launched it since installing iTunes 8. And when I have a look through my xml file it appears as if iTunes is creating a truncated xml file. Are you having some or the other ideas in which how to get itunes to generate the full xml code?so what could be the issue as my Itunes Library is fine, but the Itunes Music Library.xml will not update. It was also found that the issue occurs regarding the file location on my setup .i also tried with that one , but no solution yet. Please advise more on this topic.

I was also concerned to the same thing as my app does not find the "iTunes Music Library.xml" file. So I was not knowing regarding it and my iTunes runs fine. Also my was looking fine . The way i load it is with:
    NSDictionary * xmldict = [NSDictionary dictionaryWithContentsOfFile:libraryXML];
    And that was returning nil for this file also the path was correct , but it was longer a no issue after trying loading it using NSPropertyListSerialization, and performing this will return an NSError stating what was the actual cause. Also see to it that file is corrupt or not. on the whole it can be solved by deleting the XML file and then making a minor alteration in iTunes . The file is then written once more and should be all right. It is also seen that deleting the file would solve my issue and so here is the process of deletion. First I deleted the xml and itl files in iTunes directory and fired it up. essentially, I'm working with a blank slate. I then went to File and then Library moving to Import Playlist and choose the amended xml file. I was then with an error which was something like this: The file "library.xml" cannot be imported. An unknown error occurred (-50). So according to me, the importing process was clearly bugging out on the import of one file, so all I fundamentally did was eliminated the offending entry from the xml file. But what I found confusing was figuring out while file to delete. And regarding the error message, I opened up the .xml file, found the problem within the file. It was found that the file was missing in the library, but was reporting garbage text in the .xml file. So was able to access to export the library file and it imported very well.

I believe it maybe has to do with fresh iTunes update as well as new OSX LION . to discuss regarding my matter, what happened with my library was that iTunes abruptly stopped locating the path to the files. You require to look and see little exclamation mark icons which will present on the far left field of your songs in iTunes. You need to then review your whole library. locate the broken tracks. attempt to play every one. It won't play , but finder will launch along with permit you to browse to the file. You need to then open the file. And you will be with an path repaired icon which state that it is all sorted out and you need to do this for every broken track path and djay along with serato will work again. It also came up to me that the XML sheet written by iTunes does not escape the special character .

Try this one you will be with possible solution.
    1. so initially , you will require to open itunes library and sort by date added
    2. In the library move to the songs added on the day and time your itunes music library.xml was last customized
    3. locate the songs right around that date furthermore make a smart playlists for those albums.
    4. You need to attempt exporting an .xml file for the playlist which you choosed.
    5. If it does not work , narrow the search and in the case of exporting you need to expand the search with songs after the last time the .xml updated.
    In addition, you can also try with this solution .
    You need to create new smart playlist with a rule "Playlist is Music"
    2. position limit to approx half your library size, ordered by Artist.
    3. You then need to attempt with exporting in XML the playlist by means of File and then Library and then Exporting the playlist.
    4. If you already made a file , you will require to delete it, and then increase the limit by some quantity; if it has not worked well while exporting, you need to decrease limit by some amount.
    5. Keep trying while you find a limit number, and after that the creation fails. Move to the end of this playlist and ensure the info of the file.

It was solved in my case and what I did was something like this. I had no backup and deleted the iTunes Library.xml file. As I did not had any backup I had to rebuild the XML, but was not having any ideas regarding this one. I used PowerTunes. iTunes could not rebuild the XML properly. It was previously found that you need to get rid of the annoying characters. So as I was interested in quickly and efficiently scrolling through the artists, song names and so on, I was making use of the xml exporting stuff by making use of iPhone and the Apple Remote App. So I came across a powerful library tool with which you are able to rebuild the iTunes Library.xml with the help of PowerTunes tool. You can make a try with this one as it will prove good in your case.
    My friend was too having same issues and he was using both Serato as well as the Traktor and his iTunes library were not able to update. He was with possible solution later , I also made a try in that case. So there was something like Traktor software and hope that works quite great in the DVS (digital vinyl solution).

• As it tends to be an dj software , I opened Traktor Scratch and loaded my iTunes library.
    • I then looked at the latest track in the iTunes library inside Traktor .
    • Moved to the iTunes and deleted the track right away after last one that was in iTunes library in Traktor
    • And then closed iTunes and then reopened once more.
    • Moved to the Traktor and then right click on the iTunes logo, and then refresh.
    • You should currently see your latest tracks appearing in your DVS of options. And all will be solved.
    This will definitely work fine in my friends case , but as I got some hint regarding this one i made some changes in the name of the root file. You will find this location where itunes as well as traktor explorer are rooted and but traktor is also rooted by means of both i tunes then itunes to finder. Changing the name in finder and then realizing the consequences left me in a hole to why after i changed the name back,there were no positive outcomes as I was only with viewing my music in traktor by the explorer and not by means of the itune roots I was really frustrated why I made the changes in the name . but after researching more in this topic, I came to know that you require to move in the i tunes >> file >> library and then in the organize library >> consolidate files. It will really solve your issue if that given above does not.

I found a program on net called Tune Up and I was not happy with it suggested me to do as I suppose it’s not the actual solution because the file that I found was not being updated . It was telling me by reimporting my XML, delete my iTunes library file and make a fresh one file. I had some glance over the date of modifications and made some check of the previous song I imported at that time as well as date, moving in the iTunes library . I was with an weird character which appeared to be in the composer field of that mp3 song. And after making some fixes over it the xml file was updated. So you can perform this method of checking as inspection of your XML modification date as well as comparing it against the Date Added field of your library will prove to be good in your case. There is also a possibility that you will come across this issue after your ITL file is not exporting properly. other software can load the iTunes library because of the existing of XML file . So you also need to take a look at the date that your XML file stopped updating. This is probable when you added the song in query. I made a smart playlist that added the latest additions and it assisted me to discover the file. So at last I would say that all was caused due to the weird characters it had in the file.