Thread: Logitech Alert Commander v3.1 SP1 is now available

Logitech Alert Commander v3.1 SP1 is now available

Hello friends. Recently my friend told me that the update for the Logitech Alert Commander software is now available for the download. The update which is available is of version 3.1.139 and he also told me that according to the system requirement for this version to be downloaded we need to have PC Commander for Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP. This Logitech Alert software have now come up with various different extra ordinary features and also this software contains updates for our camera’s firmware and the PC commander that actually shows up the enhancement and stability improvement which in turns improves our own experience of the cameras and the clients of the commander, either the PC or the web or mobile application.

Re: Logitech Alert Commander v3.1 SP1 is now available

Yeah I do agree with the comment you made regarding the features of this coming update. There are certain features which are truly very much to be considered and are really awesome. One amongst them is the Enhanced Camera Performance; this feature somehow improves the frame rate when you are in a day light and brightness which is to be 15 FPS in higher situations. This feature is more advantageous if the camera’s viewing window is completely zoomed out.

Another feature which I would like to mention is the Camera Discovery which improves not one or two but multiple aspects of the camera discovery and site security. And most probably if the camera is even discovered for at least once and if it has been configured for the online access then surely the commander might be using the online information in order to help in finding the camera even if it’s gone offline. This thing should however be able to reduce the occurrences of the missing camera and give you better and quicker cameras recover.

If you really wanted to get this update you need to simply launch PC Commander on a computer which is windows based as already mentioned in the system requirement. Once you are done with the launching you can now get the update from following ways:

If you need to get the update Automatically then you need not have do much just when you launch the PC commander you should be able to see the pop-up message saying whether you need to download the updates that is available. Once if you get the pop up make sure that you click on Download. This software automatically checks out for the updates at least once in a week and therefore there is a possibility that you could see the notification at least after every 7 days.

Now if you need to download the update manually what you need to do is to simply check out for the update by yourself as obvious. If for an instance you forgot or you didn’t see the download notification as mentioned above, you need to just open the PC commander and then click on the settings gear to the extreme right of the UI. After this you need to open “General” and then select the “Update” Tab. After this click on “Check for updates” button.

Hey instead of downloading it in the above mentioned why don’t you simply download it directly from the Logitech Support page, you need to simply visit THIS PAGE. Just click on that link and then click on Security, after that you need to click on “Alert Software” which according to me should be the last link in the list. After that click on the download tab and then you just have click on your OS and then everything is ready for you, I mean the download is available for you. Also I would like to comment on the newly introduced features of this new update, first of all they are not just limited to what has mentioned in the above post. The mostly likable and the noticeable one is the video streaming to the web and mobile apps, as according to this the streaming video and the audio quality from the cameras has been tremendously increased which in turns reduces the visible hick ups in stream and its especially with the web viewer and the web commander and the iOS mobile apps.

I would like to say something regarding this update, I guess it would sound bit negative and rude to you but according to me I personally feels that this update is very much minor one which probably only fixes two things that must have been from the beginning onwards or from thereafter. If spoke in details, then must be known about the advertisement you made regarding the update where you mentioned frame rate to be 15 fps. I am not complaining about the frame rates but I letting you know that these frame rates are certainly not meeting up the users expectations. It would be much better if they would have got little closer to 30 fps or they must have the option for critical cameras so that the user could have option to simply switch between 15 to 30 fps.

Hello friends I am one of them who have downloaded this latest version update for the commander software. This is not the first time I am updating this software, I mean to say that I have been always doing the updates as according to their releases. When I got the update the software as expected took the update but however the cameras now are not being updated. Now I keeps on getting the message saying that updates are available and it ask me to click yes. Let me tell you that I have 3 cameras in all and now everything is completely checked for all of them. Another thing is that the mouse arrow just keeps on spinning in the circle for about a minute and therefore the next succeeded message is to select which camera is to be updated but doesn’t carry on the activity. This thing repeats and goes round and round but do not update even for a single moment. Already I have been suggested to reboot the computer and therefore it should download after that. But then found that something was blocking and doesn’t allow the download to get started, first I thought that it might be due to the firewall or antivirus software. Therefore disabled both firewall and antivirus but that didn’t really helped me out. Any other suggestion by any one please?

I have bought two Logitech Revue for which I have been paying something around $600 just get my first update after a year for Honeycomb and I must say that it’s a great update and therefore quadruple the usage of this product. But somewhere it hurt me a lot to see that they were being sold out for $99. Anyways everything is certainly good and fine.

Now coming to the issue, some few days ago I encountered a power failure at my place due to which my cameras system completely went down and did not come back up. Then later on I was forced to unplug all the connected cameras and the powerlink box and then reinstall all the cameras. I am still not aware why this thing happened, just imagine if I would have been to some vacation or out of the place during this period of time then definitely there would have been no camera system working at my place and therefore all my money that I have been invested would have been a waste. This issue has to be somehow fixed. The reason I posted my problem in this thread is that this issue occurred never occurred before I did this recent newly release update. I mean that before I did the update whenever I use to encounter a power failure the camera system use to come back automatically and I need not have to do anything which I mentioned here. This thing is very much irritating and useless according to me. What if I am not there at my place and the power fails again, how the cameras will connect automatically. Any fix for this issue?