Thread: iPhoto 09 is missing edits

iPhoto 09 is missing edits

I have recently started using iPhoto (iPhoto '09 8.1.2) and the problem that I am facing with the same is that it is missing edits which I am making fort the photos, I have checked out the editing panel and the edits are visible in the file thumbnail there but then they are not visible in the file, I am only able to see the file when I am opening the file and going in to the edit mode, I have been looking out after an answer for the same and have found a number of people having the same issue but then I have not yet found a effective solution to try out, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about solving this issue??

Re: iPhoto 09 is missing edits

I have recently started using iPhoto (iPhoto '09 8.1.2) and the problem that I am facing with the same is that it is missing edits which I am making fort the photos, I have checked out the editing panel and the edits are visible in the file thumbnail there but then they are not visible in the file, I am only able to see the file when I am opening the file and going in to the edit mode, I have been looking out after an answer for the same and have found a number of people having the same issue but then I have not yet found a effective solution to try out, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about solving this issue??
    Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know the following things, so as to have a better idea of the issue that you are having:
    • Try out editing in full screen mode and main window.
    • Try deleting the plist and albumdata.xml files
    • If possible the recreate the library with the help of the command and the option key
    • Try creating new library and then import the photos to it
    • Check out the version of the photos which are there in the Modified photos folder

Just check out these things and then let me know the response that you get from the same, other than this also let me know the solutions that you have tried so far so that I don’t suggest you the same again, as it will be just a waste of time.

Hey thanks for your interest but then below is the response that I have got for the above solutions:
    • I have already tried editing in full screen mode and main window and had made sure as well that I am clicking on the done along with the left/right arrows and I had not clicked on the escape but then that does not seem to be helping.
    • I have tried deleting the plist and albumdata.xml files as well and even they did not helped
    • I have tried recreating the library using the command and the option key but then it did not made any difference
    • I have also tried creating new library and then import the photos to it but the issue still exists

I have just now checked out the version of the photos which are there in the Modified photos folder and they are appearing to be not updated, just to explain if I am editing a photo today and when I save the same then it shows as if it was saved last month, I just wanted to know that are there chances that the iPhoto might be saving the new edits in some other folder as I have checked out the Modified photos folder and it is not appearing to be there, I am really running out of ideas and I don’t know what to do, is there anything else that I can try out to get rid of this issue??

In that case I just wanted to know that how are you viewing the files exactly, just create a new account by going in to the system preferences > accounts or Users & Groups on 10.7 and check out if the issue is getting solved or not, if the problem exist then I think that you will have to probably try out re installing the application and that should help as well, if you don’t think that there is no issue with the application and reinstalling it is not making any difference then there are possibilities that there might be something wrong with your account. Anyways just check out the things I have suggested and then let me know what you are getting.

I think that there is something wrong with the viewing ofThumbnails in the iPhoto Window and if it is really so then I don’t think that reinstalling the application will be helping you out, as it won’t be helping you out to fix any issues with the Library, I will suggest you to better try out taking a back up and then rebuilding the library by holding down the command and option keys while launching the iPhoto and after that try using the dialogue to rebuild, make sure that you are selecting the option for rebuilding the thumbnails as well, just try out performing the same a couple of times if it is not helping in the first attempt, other thing I wanted to share is that just make a good back, I mean that do not miss any important data while doing so. Just try it out and then let me know if it is making any difference, if you have any further issues then just post it here, I will definitely try to help you with the same.

I was trying to view the photo itself in iPhoto and I have to be in the edit mode to check out the previous edits as they were not visible in normal way, I had also tried creating a new account and then importing the iPhoto library a no of times but then it was just not making any difference but then now I have found a workaround that has helped me out with this issues and it is duplicating the photo, the copy of the photo is giving me the same response but then when I am making a new edit and then saving the same then the copy is appearing to be saving the updates and I am able to check it out in the Modified folder, I am not sure if this is the only solution for this issue but then I am sure that it is helping, if anyone else has the same solution then they can try out what I have, I will also like to know if anyone else finds any other solution for this issue.

Hey thanks for sharing the same, I had the same issue previously but then creating a new Library in the other account had solved the same issue in my case, I don’t know why it did not worked out for you, anyways I am glad that you have solved out the problem by some other solution, even I will try out what you did, I also wanted to share that I was having other issue with the iPhoto '11 in Mac OS X v10.6.8 and it was that the Edit button was not there in the Options pane, later I found that it happens when the iPhoto window is set to its minimum size, so in order to get rid of this issue we just have to make the iPhoto window larger, if one want then they can right-click or control-click on the photo and can select the Edit Photo option from the menu as well. Hope it helps others.