Thread: Getting "The Installation Failed." error while installing iLife 11

Getting "The Installation Failed." error while installing iLife 11

Hello friends I have recently installed Mac OS X 10.6 and after installing it I have tried to install iLife 11 in my Macbook Pro but when I start installing iLife at that time it shows error saying "The Installation Failed.". I don’t know what is causing this issue. If anyone have solution regarding this then let me know. Thank you in advance.

Re: Getting "The Installation Failed." error while installing iLife 11

I am aware of this problem and I would like to tell you that first you have to check whether there is java folder on in the library or not? If it is there then you have to delete it and after deleting that you have to open applications and then you have to select utilities option. Now after selecting the utilities you have to click on disk utilities. Now you have to select your drive and then click on very disk permission. After clicking on the verify disk permission you have to select repair disk permission option and after repairing the disk permission you have to try to install iLife in your system again and then see what the result is.

Yes by removing the java folder from the library and then repairing the disk permission will solve this problem. There was same problem was occurred in my system also and first thought that problem is with the installation package of iLife and that is why I have downloaded iLife installation package again from internet and then I have tried to install that in my system but after that also I was getting same issue. Now after that I have come to know that I have to delete java folder from the library folder and then repair disk permission and I have tried that solution and my problem get solved. You should also try this solution and then your problem might get solved.

Thank you for helping me. After referring your solution I have first opened system presences and then I have open Library folder. Now after opening the Library I have deleted java folder from there. Now after that I have repaired disk permission from my system and then when I have tried to install iLife in my system after that at that time also I get same problem. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem? Any help will be appreciated.

You should download Pacifist software from internet. Pacifist is application which allows you to extract package files and it is very useful. After downloading the Pacifist software you have to install it in your system and then you have to extract iLife installation package and then you have to try to install iApps in your system. After doing that you have to check whether same problem occurs or not? I hope this solution will be helpful for you.

You have to click on the clock and then uncheck auto time update option and then you have to log restart your system. After doing that you have to try to install iLife in your system again and then check whether you get same problem or not? If you get same problem after trying this solution then let me know.

abners Guest

I am aware of this problem and I would like to tell you that first you have to check whether there is java folder on in the library or not?