Thread: Not able to install Xcode 4.1 in MAC OS X Lion

Not able to install Xcode 4.1 in MAC OS X Lion

hi friends i have iMAC in which i was using Snow Leopard and my system was working absolutely fine. Recently i have upgrade operating system from Snow Leopard to Lion. In m system i was using Xcode 3.2 and after upgrading computer to Lion i have open Mac application store and then start downloading Xcode 4.1 but it stuck on downloading only. i don't know what is wrong with my system. please anyone have solved similar type of problem then let me know. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Not able to install Xcode 4.1 in MAC OS X Lion

i will suggest you to try to fix this problem by deleting the preference files of mac application store and then downloading Xcode in your system. To remove application store preferences you have to go to the applications and then you have to select utilities option. After selecting the utilities you have to open terminal from there. After opening the terminal window you have to enter this "chflags nohidden ~/Library" now after that ou have to remove preference file of mac application store from there and then turn off your system and start it again, After starting the system you have to open Mac application store and then try to download Xcode again and then you have to check whether it makes any difference or not? i hope after performing this steps you will be able to install Xcode 4.1.

Many times application stuck at the downloading process if server gets overloaded in this type of situation if you try to download application after few hours at that time it does not give you any problems. similar problem occurred in friend computer also and first he tried to solve this problem by trying clearing the preference files but that does not helped. now he contact the apple support and came to know that problem was occurring due to server issues and after some times when he tried to get application that time everything works properly.

I have waited for hours and re-tried many times but every time result was same. now after that i have also tried to fix this problem by deleting the Mac application store preferences and installing application again but after doing that also i was experiencing same issue. please give me solution to get rid of this problem. Thank you in advance.

in many cases this problem occurs because of the iTunes Helper and that is why i will suggest you to close iTunes Helper and then you will be able to install Xcode in your system. you have to open activity monitor nu going in to the Utilities from application folder. now you will see list of process of you system from those process you have to select iTunes Helper and then select quit process. After doing that you have to try to install Xcode 4.1 in your system and then your problem will get solved.

To solve this problem you have to download AppCleaner from internet and after downloading AppCleaner you have to install in your system. Now after doing that you have to drag Xcode (which you were using earlier in your system) in to AppCleaner and then you have to delete it. Now afetr deleting the old Xcode you have to install Xcode and then your problem will get solved. if after trying this solution also you get same problem with Xcode installation then let me know.