Thread: No AirPlay Icon in iTunes

No AirPlay Icon in iTunes

when I came to know regarding the apple itunes , I was really interested in experimenting the same, and then installed the itunes in my ipad and there were no issues which rendered any playback or something. But it came into view that when trying to use my Denon (AVR-3311ci) AIRPLAY enabled receiver I was having some issues that the AIRPLAY icon is missing from iTunes. So guys can you asssit me in this case and everything appears to be in order, but there is no icon? I tried with every settings but there was no means to solve the issue. So further help required.

Re: No AirPlay Icon in iTunes

I was also having same issues and I also made several attempts in this case to solve it , and I switched off my iphone and I was able to stream music to my denon for some hours without any issue. Then I switched on my iphone, but I didn't went to the ipod player. And it came into my notice that the music stream was hanged after some couple of minutes.I revealed the additional things I do with the ipod player on my iphone the quicker the stream to my denon discontinues. The additional network functionality isn't affected by my iphone. And then it came to my notice that I was almost for sure that it's caused by the tcp/ip port issues . and it could be yours also. Just make a try in the settings . hope you will get some hint or something which will help you in your case.

I am having a particular solution which works perfect for me as I can't live without my iphone on my wifi. And I as well make use of my iphone so that I am able to stream music. at present I have an Apple TV 2 next to my Denon, but I only have single ethernet cable from my modem/router. And I wished to make a connection on both my Apple TV as well as my Denon. thus I went to the computer shop to purchase a 'network switch'. This is a small sort of router. And the work of it is that it can divide the network signal to four section of ports.I made a connection of everything and my Denon has a 100% stable network connection. The icon remnants on my sytem and iphone! It works just right.I believe the network switch does something with my Thomson router, and the firewall, tcp ip ports or no matter what at least my Denon remains online. I made a connection of everything: Thomsom Gateway TG712 (wireless+ethernet), wireless devices and then in the ethernet cable , move to the Sitecom Network Switch >> Apple TV >> Denon AVR 1912 . so this was solved.

There are many people who are concerned with this issue and I need to ask you whether you have the iMac and the Denon both connected through an ethernet cord to the router or something else. You'll require to move into the manual settings of your router, and gaze there for something which says like DHCP List, and in there you will be able to see what IP Adresses your router is passing on to all the systems in your network, following that , you need to move in the network settings on the Denon andthen you can turn OFF the DHCP address, you'll observe that all the statistics will go to 0's along with you'll require to manually assign the similar number as before except modify the last 3 numbers and take care you give it a entirely dissimilar number than what you saw in the router settings, somewhat resembling 076 as an instance. That would essentially be assigning a Static IP address on the Denon that won't ever modify dissimilar a DHCP address which does.

Thanks for reply but I just thought I had it until I did a restart of equally both the devices. In addition as you told previously to assign the IP address, I made the change and have assigned a static IP address on the Denon along with done the similar in the Home Hub manager. And it came to my notice that it was really working fine, but not for a longer time as after the restart, the result was the same. When I saw my current router settings. I was able to see that the Denon is connected, and the device properties show the static IP which I think are same as it is displayed on the Denon, but the Airplay connect icon is missing in iTunes. I just had some time to watch a match and then recovered that the Airplay icon has just appeared. And I dont think it is normal behavior. I am not understanding at this time also. Please provide some further solution which will help in your case.

I need to ask some questions which will help you to get your solution. So I am not understanding what did you restart? occasionally the airplay icon takes some couple of minute to appear up, but did it work perfectly afterwards? And as well make sure if your router has a setting where you are able to disable the firewall for that specific IP address. It has also came from some sources that you need not require to restart the Denon, and try with having the network standby ON in the Denon may solve your issue.

According to me, this is most likely owing to an IP address clash on your network. This used to occur continually to me. My Playstation 3 along with Denon 1912 would clash over the similar IP address on my network. If the PS3 had it initially then the Denon, even though it said it had it, merely wouldn't labor with Airplay still when my PS3 was "turned off". I then tried with assigning Static IPs but decided that just storing IP addresses for the two devices would work out the trouble without potentially making additional administrative job for myself in the prospect.I would attempt this: A excellent examination would be just switching your receiver to static IP and here I don’t think so that there is an requirement of assigning an address, than back to DHCP. It should grip a new IP address (don't be stunned if it's the similar address, if the conflicting device is off this could occur) from your router and all should be fine once more. At that point you are able to log into your routers interface and setup the condition for your Denon 1912 otherwise other Airplay capable receiver. You might set reservations for all your additional devices as well although if you don't occur with any concerns with your extra devices this would be of no advantage in fact.

I consider the difficulty is the router assigning the similar IP Address to numerous devices. But the major trouble I assume is older routers not being made to labor with streaming services like AirPlay, that could be why a lot of people report hit after making an replacement of their routers especially those with Home Hub. a number of clients have also been able to get it functioning after enabling some type of media feature on their router.

And if you were able to acquire the airplay icon to show up after giving the Denon its own IP address you are almost certainly close to setting up the crisis. attempt turning of the firewall in your router to see if it assists. And after researching a lot on net , found something like this. If you've either effectively activated AirPlay in your device or else you payed for a unit that previously has AirPlay installed, you should have the component hooked up during your network which is connected to your router. When you attempt to open your iTunes application from your control device for your Mac along with your iPhone, iPad, you should observe the AirPlay logo towards the bottom right segment of the screen. If the AirPlay logo is not there, please confirm you're running the most recent version of iTunes which can be attained through Apple's website.If you lately updated your iTunes application, your router, along with/or the Denon device , you need to verify that you reboot all points of statements in the chain to make sure that the message flanked by the devices is reestablished. If you're making use of a network switch (gigabit switch) or else wireless bridge so that you are able to make an connection with the Denon unit to your network, please in addition attempt hooking up by means of a hardwire (Cat 5 or Cat 6) connection from the Denon device straightly to your router. This will tend to make a test of the wireless bridge or else network switch to guarantee wireless signal dropout otherwise a miscommunication within the network switch is not the matter.

It occurs all the time now. I more often than not close Itunes, shut down the IPad otherwise whatever you are using , then reopen. If it doesn't labor, keep trying. It is just one more point at how bad ITunes has turn into recently. Another reply might be that you are experiencing the strange difficulty of AIRTUNES failing that Apple created. My network has been a real confusion because Apple went to ITunes 10.2 and updated the firmware for the Express as well as Extreme. AIRTUNES is typically none efficient now with music dropping out every couple of minute or so no matter what settings you make use of on your system. My AIRTUNES worked perfectly for some couple of years until the current ITunes updates as well as firmware updates. currently I don't make use of it anymore in addition to am moving to a different means of streaming music because Apple doesn't appear to care concerning fixing the issue .

I am also having same issues as my airplay icon is not showing up on any of my apps. I have attempted to make some fixes I've read about, and changing the language setting, and also some powering down, making certain my iTunes as well as iPad are updated but nothing was working in my case. But later , found that AirPlay is not yet so straight forward as it is advertised, as from time to time it can very soon stop working, while giving the user no idea regarding what could be the possible reason behind this one. anyhow, you should update your Airport Express along with if that doesn't assist, you require to reset it. At last if the issue persists most of these issues tend to be network associated, rather than caused by the iPad. A soft reset might not be out of order either, if the network resets don't tend to labor. So in addition, you need to hold down the power along with home button until the Apple logo comes into view, about some couple of seconds. And then let go along with wait for it to reboot. But after some more attempts it was not still working , later I found that AirPlay icon was working after I made some changes, Turns out, my Apple Extreme N-Router has together a guest network along with a private wireless network. My iPad routinely connected to the guest network which I suppose doesn't permit sharing to additional devices. I usually have it connected to the private wireless net. as a result, at this time the iPad is able to see the AppleTV. I made confident regarding all my devices: iPad, iPhone4 as well as AppleTV were all on the private wireless network. at this time, all devices are able to share to the AppleTV over wirless. I can make use of AirPlay to share photos, videos along with iTunes music sharing works as well.So all was solved ultimately.