Thread: HiPatchService.exe consume my 5% of processor

HiPatchService.exe consume my 5% of processor

I had checked process explorer HiPatchService.exe consume around 5% of my processor everytime. It does not matter if I am playing Tibes: Ascend or not. I had ignored this a number of time. But recently I installed AutoCad in my system and it responded too slow. I had ended all those services which are not required. It gain a bit speed while working. According to me this service is consuming my system resource. I do not want this to run continously in the background. It does not matter at the time of playing game. Things which I cannot stop is my antivirus and Windows update. I had checked the cpu usage at the time of playing Tribes: Ascend. It popped to much higher. Now at the idle the service does not my cpu to relax. Before installing this game my cpu usage use to fall to 0 when I am doing nothing.

Re: HiPatchService.exe consume my 5% of processor

That is the service by Hi-Rez Studios. You can end process that if you do not need it. I think you can stop this service from msconfig. You can find the similar app which loads up this service on startup. Type msconfig in the run box and go in startup. Check that you can see any service or app related to Hi-Rez. Remove the tick from that and reboot your system. Next time this service will not load. Second thing this service does not has any impact on the gameplay. I do not think you really need to care about that. It is common usage of cpu. It is the matter of worrying when the cpu usage goes above 100%. Which not only heats up your processor but also block the application performance.

Re: HiPatchService.exe consume my 5% of processor

Just ignore that. This service runs silently in the background if the updates are set to enable. The cpu usage between 1to 2% is normal and does not really hamper your processors quality. I do not think this might concern you really. Anyhow what I will recomemnd you is to keep a eye on the cpu usage. If that goes above 5 or 10% then this process will kill your systems performance. There can be excessive usage of update in the background. This service is responsbile for update and authenticatioon Hi-Rez Studio games.