Thread: how to run tally on linux

how to run tally on linux

In my computer i have recently installed Linux and i need help with installing Tally 9. first i was using windows Xp in my computer and Tally 9 was working properly with it. i don't know how to run tally in Linux please let me know procedure for it.

Re: how to run tally on linux

Here are the instruction for running Tally in Linux. first you have to download and install WINE software in your computer. Wine is free software which lets you run windows software in Unix-like operating systems and it has application library which is known as winelib which help developer to compile Windows applications. once you install WINE software in your computer after that you have to copy tally installer on hard disk. now you will be able to install tally with the help of wine software. After that you will see tally menu in wine.

I am using computer with windows 7 OS in my computer and installed ubuntu in my computer. now i have tried to run tally in ubuntu with the help of WINE 1.2 but it is giving me problems. i have tried all the possible solution to run tally in my computer properly but i am still having problem with it. is there any similar software which i can use instead of tally or is there any solution to run tally properly in my computer. please help me with this. thank you.

i am using Tally 7.2 in ubuntu without facing any problems. below are the instructions which you should try. To use tally in Ubuntu you need some files. so before installing tally you have to install linc library by adding third-party repository because standard repositories of ubuntu does not have linc library. first go to the Administration menu from system and then you have to add this command

Code:
    deb http://source.rfc822.org/pub/local/gnoppix/gnome/gnome2.4/ ./
    in APT line. once you do this after that you have to go to administration menu again and then you have to open Synaptic. Now you need to look for liblinc1 after refreshing all packages by clicking refresh. Then download and install liblinc1 by clicking on apply button. once you finish with this you have to open terminal and then change libcrypto.so.0.9.8 to libcrypto.so.4 and Symlink libssl.so.0.9.8 to libssl.so.4 from /usr/lib. now you have to download Tally from internet and aftr downloading Tally you have to make installation file executable. Then you have to run Tally installer which will start tally installation similarly like you do in windows operating system. now original installation location will be home directory. after installation finishes you have to restart your computer and then you have to put tally icon on desktop from Old-Desktop folder.

i hope this steps will be helpful for you,

I will suggest you to use Gnucash software in your computer.GnuCash - a program of financial accounting (revenues, expenses, bank accounts, stocks). Has a hierarchical system of accounts, can split a single transaction into several parts, directly import account data from the Internet (electronic format statement, supports the Accounting Periods . Based on professional accounting principles. Comes with a set of standard reports and allows you to create your own reports, both new and modified from the set. Designed for individuals and small businesses. GnuCash is available free for Linux , FreeBSD , Solaris , Mac OS X and other Unix like platforms.

According to me you should use AVSAP software which is also good Financial Accounting software and you can run it on several OS. you can easily download this software from internet. i was using Tally in my laptop but it was giving me some problems and then i have installed AVSAP in my computer and now i am not having any issues with this software.