Thread: While underlining the text in Microsoft word 2011 for MAC crashes

While underlining the text in Microsoft word 2011 for MAC crashes

I was using Microsoft Office 2008 in my computer and it was working like a charm. Recently i have uninstalled Microsoft Office 2008 from my computer and then i have installed Microsoft Office 2011. After installing Microsoft Office 2011 in my computer it worked except word. when i open any document in Microsoft word at that time open properly but when i try to underline any text at that time it crashes. I have MAC OS X Lion. if anyone have solution for this then let me know. thank you in advance.

Re: While underlining the text in Microsoft word 2011 for MAC crashes

I have read your problem and i will suggest you to try this solution to solve this problem.

First you have to select menu and then you have to click on home. you have to hold option key and then go to the menu to see hidden to display library because Library folder is hidden in MAC OS X Lion. now after opening Library you have to open preferences and then you have to select all files which name starts with "com.microsoft" before you select those files i will suggest you to arrange them in alphabetical order so all files with "com.microsoft" will appear together. now after selecting those files you have to move those files in to trash. After moving those files to Trash you have to Go to preferences folder again and then you have to open Microsoft folder from there. now you have to drag office folder in trash.

After doing that you have to go to users folder and then open folder with your username. now you have to go to Application Support from Library and then you have to open Microsoft/Office folder. after doping that you have to look for warning folder and remove it. After doing that you have to open home again and then go to Library folder. open Application Support from there and then open open Microsoft folder and move office folder to trash. after performing all this steps you have to open Microsoft word 2011 for MAC in your computer and then you have to check whether word still crashes while underlining the text or not? According to me this solution will resolve your problem. i you still face same problem after trying this solution then let me know.

I am using MacBook pro and i have installed Microsoft Office 2011 in my laptop and after installing that in my laptop when Word started giving me problems. when i try to underline any text from Microsoft word at that time it crashes. i don't know what is wrong with it. i have followed all the steps which is mentioned in above solution but after performing that when i started Word again in my laptop and tried to underline text at that time it get crashed again. i have also tried to search solution on internet but i didn't get any help. what should i do to fix this issue?

you should first close the word and then you have to open applications and then you have to open font book from there. after doing that you have to select edit menu and then run Select Duplicated Fonts command. After running that you have to again go to the edit menu and then run Resolve Duplicates command. now after doing that you have to restart your system and then open Microsoft word in your computer again and then check whether your problem get solved or not? i hope this solution will be helpful for you.

thank you for helping me. first i have tried to solve this problem by deleting all the file which starts with "com.microsoft" from presences folder and then i have also removed office 2011 folder from Microsoft folder, then i have removed warning from office folder in application support and then i have started Microsoft word in my computer but after doing that also problem does not get solved. now after that i have removed all duplicate fonts from fonty book and then i have restarted my PC and then when i start word at that time result was same. is there any other way to solve this issue then please help me with it. thank you in advance.

My friend was facing same problen and then he tried many solution to fix this problem and after that he fixed issue by weeding the font and clearing the font cache with FontNuke utility. after doing that when he started word at that time all the things worked fine. i will also suggest you first you should do font weeding in your computer and then you have to download FontNuke utility and then clear font cache. after doing that you have to restart your system and then open Microsoft word in your PC and see what the result is.

If above solution does not help you to solve this problem then first you have to check whether you have installed updates or not? it not then first you should install updates and then see what happens. If after trying that also same problem occurs then you should try to solve this problem by uninstalling Microsoft office for MAC 2011 from your computer and then install it again and then you have to check whether it makes any difference or not?