Thread: Printing is not done according to the printer properties in Office 2010

Printing is not done according to the printer properties in Office 2010

I have lately installed office 2010 and I am loving the dynamic, customizable and flexible use of it. It works perfectly as perfect as I sometimes feel it is made by keeping me in mind. There’s just one hurdle in my run of happiness and that is the fact that my office 2010 refuses to obey the default printing properties and simply opens and applies its own printing properties. This means, it pays no heed to all the printing properties that are set with keeping the generic use of printer in mind. I am using a Windows Vista, 32 bits OS.

Re: Printing is not done according to the printer properties in Office 2010

There are certain printers and programs which simply refuse to work with each other. This problem is a very common phenomenon these days. What I would strongly recommend you would be to be check right now if the issue is with the office 2010 software only or is this seen with other applications too. That is because you cannot just blame the application. It might be with any other thing like some driver issues or the hardware issues and all. Kindly perform the check that I just recommended and post back.
    We can go ahead with the solution with respect to the result you get from what I just mentioned.

I always doubted this, so had already checked it. No other application installed in my system shows me this trouble. Also one thing to note is that Office 2007 also did not give me any trouble. I am absolutely sure that the issue is with nothing else but with my MS Office. But another astonishing factor is that there is not a single issue with Office 2010 apart from this.
    I mean, how is this possible? There has to be some other problem chaining this one. But everything else in the office works Super Fine and sometimes better than expected.

Your doubt is exactly what made me stop and think if the issue is actually with your Office 2010. But I guess, since none of other application shows the issue. The problem revolves around something else. What I now want you o do is to ensure that you have downloaded and installed the latest printer driver. Some drivers come in an incompatible mode with certain applications and on realization of which the manufacturer tends to release updates and all which fixes this issue. So as of ow, I want you to g on line on the manufacturer’s website and install the latest driver available or download any authenticated updated only from the manufacturer’s website and install it. If latest drivers are not available online do note the driver series number as we can order a hard delivery of that

I visited the manufacturer’s website. I checked for the latest driver, I matched it with my driver and they turned out to be same but still just to rule out the possibility of the driver being corrupt or damaged. I chose to download the driver and install it. It did not do much good though. It hardly mattered. I also downloaded some authenticated but irrelevant updates and even that did not give any solution. What next>? Any other option you can probably think of?

Reply 5:
    I would like to enlist a few things you should give a short. I am not sure if it’ll work. But it probably should. Try and let us know what result it gives you.
    • - Got to file, select print, click and select the name of the printer you want to use for printing. There is a possibility of a minor error
    • - You can use the settings mentioned here and refer to the solutions mentioned. This is probably the apt thing to do!