Thread: Powerpoint 2010 , 11x17 Printing margin options aren't customizable like it worked in Word/Excel

Powerpoint 2010 , 11x17 Printing margin options aren't customizable like it worked in Word/Excel

hello guys , I have a business where my most of the workaround works with printer and prints several documents with different resolutions. So I was making attempts to format slides to be 11x17, in addition to print on the entire surface of an 11x17 piece of paper. And it comes in to view that the margin options aren't customizable in the same method they appear in the Word/Excel. I am running with Windows 7 64-bit in addition to printing the document and I have a printer which is latest 64-bit global print drivers . In either Word or else Excel I am able to format the page to 11x17 and I suppose this is because the driver is not able to recognize the margins I have stated so I need to go into the printer properties and the make some changes by choosing the 11x17 particularly. But when I tend to print, it will emit something 11x17 piece of paper and it comes into view that the text covers an 8 1/2x11 space with the edges cut off. So are you gusy having some more information which will be essential or anyone who ahs success in the printing a full page of anything from PowerPoint to an 11x17 piece of paper? So please assist me in this case.

Re: Powerpoint 2010 , 11x17 Printing margin options aren't customizable like it worked in Word/Excel

You are able to get as close to the margins as your printer will let you. Mostinkjet printers need about 0.5" top, left, as well as right, as well as 0.6" bottom. If you open PowerPoint along with create a fresh presentation you will observe the sixeset to 7.5 x 10. This will tend to give a default 0.5" margin on all sides. If you modify your setting to 11 x 17 it will print as close as it is able to and this is based on your printer in addition to driver. There are some few printers which are able to print edge-to-edge. In addition to this , it is also because nearly all printers have an area at the edges that they are not able to print to. It's a physical restriction of the printer. There's nothing you or else your software can do to modify it.

Re: Powerpoint 2010 , 11x17 Printing margin options aren't customizable like it worked in Word/Excel

I have found some workaround which will tend to work in your case. And If you're willing to accept a somewhat slighter slide image, you are able to print Notes Pages in its place of Slides. adjust the Notes Master in your presentation:
    • you need to choose File, along with the slide Setup with set Notes pages to print in the similar orientation as your slide pages.
    • Then you can choose View, along with Master, Notes Master.
    • Choose as well as delete the notes text with any other text placeholders you don't wish for to appear on your slide printouts.
    • choose and scale the slide image on the notes master to a larger size. Not full page, but fairly lesser. You'll require to find out what the trailing margin on your printer is along with creating the margins on both sides of your notes master at least that large.
    • You can then Print a trial notes page from one of your slides. It will almost certainly be off center. Then you can go back to the notes master along with move the slide image therefore. It'll almost certainly take more than a few trial printouts to get correct, but once you've got it nailed down, you can get printouts of just your slides, which will be correctly centered on your inkjet printouts.
    • After you have got it nailed, you need to right click the slide image, and then select Format as well as record the size and position of the slide image so you are able to make use of the same information in your other presentations.

You will find this one to be important. It has been seen that most inkjet printers have uneven unprintable margins. In addition, the margin at the trailing end of the paper is usually wider than the margins on the extra three sides.
    The function with the PowerPoint works is that when PowerPoint prints slides, it sends the slide image to the printer at whatsoever size the printer and printer driver identifies as the major printable size, but it has been seen that there is no control over where on the page the printer places the slide image. In addition, there are some printer drivers which include a "fake" page size which permits even margins but a lesser image that they might automatically center on the printed page. If your printer has this characteristic, it should permit you to get centered printouts.or else there's not much you or PowerPoint will be able to do regarding this one . Inkjet printers will tend to print stuff off-center and that's that.

So there are many guys who are also having some issues as they don’t have idea regarding how to reduce the margins of a powerpoint handout and I can state something regarding it. So it has been seen that the layout of the handout print is pretty much predetermined by the slide size. You can preview this one. [View > Master > Handout Master]. consequently, I would either modify the slide size by entering in the File and then in the Page Setup which will best fit the 9 slides per page, otherwise do it in the Word by performing this one , moving to the File and then Send to and eventually to the Microsoft Office Word, and which I believe it'll be more tiresome procedure in most situations . I don't recognize whether there's a cause to be printed in 9 slides per page, but it appears like 6-per-page handout look as if to make use of additional space as well as bigger slide layout than 9-per-page.

I have made some hard attempts with which you can try out.
    1. I created a fresh presentation and then set the page size to 11x17 by making use of the custom setting and entering the values for height as well as width.
    2. Then made a selection of the print and on the print dialog I ensure the box for "Scale to fit paper".
    3. After that choose the printer properties along with set the paper size to 11x17.
    I have found this one to be working and it came into view that the result is a slide centered on the 11x17 page, filling maybe 2/3s of the space. So hope you will be getting some or the other hint by this one.

Yes, the previous post says it correctly and I have tried but I have some other solutions which has resolved. The basic slide fills about 2/3 of the page and If I set the slide to 11x17 , save as a PDF, it has come into my view that the PDF can be printed properly. Maybe it's a bad interface between PowerPoint with the print driver . but we cant make it sure. All my other office apps print 11x17 very well in my case. And it really helps while we consider the PDF approach.

Yes, I also made the approach of PDF format. And the other nice thing regarding making use of PDF as an interim step is that Acrobat along with the Adobe Reader present some nice add'l printing alternatives such as numerous slides per page that PowerPoint is not able to render.If we are able to nail down the specifics, I can allow someone at MS know about the issue ; without enough details to reproduce it, they won't be able to do much though. So you can try with this ones .
    • you can check if you are having any most latest version of the printer driver which is available.
    • you can make some attempts to install a new instance of the printer driver,and can set its defaults to 11x17 along with setting any other defaults that you had normally set by means of the printer properties button in the PPT print dialog box, and then make a choice and print to that new printer instance as of from power point.
    • And this is the last way you can try with. By setting the defaults in advance and allowing PPT simply make use of them, rather of attempting to set them, you are able to sometimes get what you're after.