Thread: How to get back Outlook address book from iCloud

How to get back Outlook address book from iCloud

Hello friends, some days ago I have installed iCloud on to my system, then after that I was getting problem with it, such that it has stolen all of mine Outlook Contacts, it has not given me any notification about it and have transferred it to iCloud. I was very much angry with it, does not know that what I should with it. Main question is that how I can retrieve Outlook Contacts to Outlook Address Book. I knew some of methods and try to work it out for me, but that also have not worked. So really cannot understand that what I should do it. So does anyone is know any method to do it then please do tell me about it. It will be really helpful and it will be nice, please tell me. Thank you.

Re: How to get back Outlook address book from iCloud

There is actually no such method to retrieve back to outlook. One solution which I can tell you to do it is that, copy all your contacts and pastes it, other than that enable iCloud contacts folder as an address book. Once you have enable iCloud contacts folder then you better right click on contacts and select properties option, then you will be getting a window in that go to outlook book tab and enable folder as an address book. If you will be trying this then you will be able to get contacts on to your address book and better check that you have not lost miss any of your contacts. Most of people have done same thing and I am suggesting you same thing. So you can try it and work for you.

Thanks for method, but I would like to know something more also, that if I wanted to copy original Outlook Address Book from iCloud then how I can do it and if possible can reinstate it as my Outlook Address. You might be thinking that I am very old guy, but it is not like that, just following things which I know it, just wanted to make sure that contacts which I am having should be stored in my computer not anywhere else. Do not wanted to save it in that, so how to remove that and do not wanted to happen it again? Please do tell me about it and me not very much familiar with computer so much, just knowing basic things about it. Please do understand and tell me.

If you are searching for solution which allow copying of data within Outlook. It is been seems in any "sync option" such that one is going to install within Outlook merely add some new folders but in fact there is nothing which I can tell that it is syncing. Due to which I have done some of research for tools which are been capable of syncing Outlook folders within Outlook on its own. Any how I have found that there is a company called Code Two which is giving an Outlook plug-in and it is been named "Folder Sync", if you wanted for you then can get it as it is for free. I have installed this tool and configured and found it to be working, so I will also suggest that you can also use it. On the other hand, it is having some of drawbacks. The sync has to be closed manually such that going through an icon that installs into ribbon. Even there is no option to select whichever one-way or two-way syncing, but would like to tell that is been two-way and it is same thing I really not wanted to have; Mostly like to have one-way Exchange->iCloud. You will be able to configure different folders to be synced, when you will be doing that then it will be done in sequence, would like to tell that cannot change this sequence afterwards. If the tool runs into a MAPI error and it is being showing error and stops, then it is been problem with it.

I would suggest that you better open iCloud Contacts folder and select all of your contacts and after that use the Move to folder command or even you can drag and drop to the outlook contacts folder, I have seen this method in one of videos on YouTube and followed it. When you have done that then you better go to Control panel and try to find out iCloud, if you were able to find it then open it and turn off Contact sync which you can see in dialog. I have also try same exact method and it was been working for me, I would also suggest that you also try and it will be really helpful for you and it might be same thing which you might be looking for.