Thread: Need help!! Lost all data and folders from Outlook 2011

Need help!! Lost all data and folders from Outlook 2011

I own a 15" MacBook Pro and I have recently upgraded the same to Lion 10.7.1 and I have been running Outlook 2011 and everything was working fine but then after I exported my .pst files from my Windows 7 there were some issues with the distribution lists, actually I was not able to use them, so later after Lion OS installed some updates the system had restarted and after resuming I found that there was nothing in-box, I mean no folders, no contacts everything was gone from Outlook 2011, there were no account from msn.com and gmail which were active before, so here I am looking for help so as to recover those files back.

Re: Need help!! Lost all data and folders from Outlook 2011

I own a 15" MacBook Pro and I have recently upgraded the same to Lion 10.7.1 and I have been running Outlook 2011 and everything was working fine but then after I exported my .pst files from my Windows 7 there were some issues with the distribution lists, actually I was not able to use them, so later after Lion OS installed some updates the system had restarted and after resuming I found that there was nothing in-box, I mean no folders, no contacts everything was gone from Outlook 2011, there were no account from msn.com and gmail which were active before, so here I am looking for help so as to recover those files back.
    In that case I just wanted to know that are you having Time Machine backups if yes then you can try to restore the files from there and it should help you out, just check it out and then let me know if it helps.

Hey thanks for your interest I am having Time Machine backups but then when I am trying to restore the files from there then I am not able to make out where they are getting stored, I had not done the same before so I don’t have much idea about the same, can you just help me out in getting the data back from Time Machine, any help regarding this will be appreciated.

I think that I can help you out here as I have faced the same previously, first check out for the outlook identity file here:
    Macintosh HD/Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Microsoft Outlook.app/Contents/
    When you find it out then replace the same with the one from some days earlier and once the system rebuild the database the Outlook will be normal again and you will get back your data, in my case I had actually imported a large .pst file from pc that was running Outlook 2007 (Windows 7) and I had migrated some folders from the imported folders in the folders which was created in the Outlook 2011,anyways just try out the replacing process and then you should not have any issues. Hope that helps.