Thread: how to install vmware which is extension of bundle like "vmware.bundle" on ubuntu

how to install vmware which is extension of bundle like "vmware.bundle" on ubuntu

I am making use of ubuntu as I feel this one as more reliable and I made a download of vmware which is with extension of bundle like "vmware.bundle".so are you guys having some means in which you are able to install. So please provide some appropriate means in this case. Thanks in advance.

Re: how to install vmware which is extension of bundle like "vmware.bundle" on ubuntu

You need to run this command in order to solve your issue .

Code:
    sudo sh VMware-Player-2.5.1-126130.i386.bundle

Re: how to install vmware which is extension of bundle like "vmware.bundle" on ubuntu

I tried with your above solution but it did not worked in my case and I was with some error like this one .

Code:
    sh: Can't open VMware-Player-2.5.1-126130.i386.bundle
    I even made some attempts for downloading the 64 bit version instead, but it too did the same error.I even made some attempts by making use of dir to go through the directory along with directly ctrl+shift+V -ctrl-shift-C the filename and it was not able to work though , so can you post some more means please.

I tried with your above solution but it did not worked in my case and I was with some error like this one .

Code:

sh: Can't open VMware-Player-2.5.1-126130.i386.bundle
    I even made some attempts for downloading the 64 bit version instead, but it too did the same error.I even made some attempts by making use of dir to go through the directory along with directly ctrl+shift+V -ctrl-shift-C the filename and it was not able to work though , so can you post some more means please.

I need to inquire in your case as where did you download it to? In addition to this , you must be in that directory before you are able to run the command. And as it can be seen that It would work if it’s in your home directory; but, for instance, if it were on your Desktop you will need to first:
    Code:
    cd ~/Desktop
    in addition, if you are not making sure what the filename is, you need to just type the first few characters along with also pressing the Tab key, you will be with some solution.

Hey , this solution helped in my case and I was able to install by double clicking the .bundle file and you need to right click >> open with >> sudo sh that was the apparently simpler means so you don't have to load terminal into the directories along with subsequently run after typing the name.

You are saying it correctly , I need to install a VMWare .bundle on a 64-bit system which is with 32-bit Ubuntu. But as you suggested Sudo sh was not able to work because of the mis-match I suppose . so another question which comes in my mind is how I am able to force architecture? Or additionally, Is there any means to convert the .bundle to somewhat where architecture will be able to be forced. If I am able to get past the install it should effort.