Thread: New and better Stardock store and updater

New and better Stardock store and updater

This morning I visited the Stardock website and found an update for the download store and update manager application. The update in my opinion is very nice bit of work done by the people at stardock especially as it reduced the interface eliminating unnecessary items which were of no use to me anyway and is definitely better than the previous interface which was huge and took almost half of the desktop area to itself. Feel free to share your thoughts on the new Stardock client.

Re: New and better Stardock store and updater

They really improved the interface, while maintaining all the core features in a neatly organized and user-friendly format convenient for all types of users including novices.

Finally, the option of automatic updates and silent install. Good work SD. I also like the colours that they have used for the different buttons. Really lights up the interface.

Before this version I’d usually prefer the web based update as the interface then was too huge for my taste, but I think I might actually try this version. As my browser is loaded up with add-ons it takes a lot of time to load and I don’t like opening my browser that often. At least that’s one thing I can check off the list now. Also the silent install feature is a winner.

That’s a nice interface and all but I wanted to ask is if they are offering the same in maybe like a gadget application for windows 7 64 bit?

No. Not that I know of. If they do you will see it listed on the website’s main page. Keep checking the website for latest updates. I think it’s highly unlikely that they would release a gadget as it would be a lot smaller and cause problems with accessibility. It’s better this way. I think you should try it out and see.