Thread: Found a TV channel in VLC Media Player

Found a TV channel in VLC Media Player

While working on VLC I found that it detected a new TV channel on its own. It showed me TVNZ. What is it does anyone has any update on it. I am using a VLC as my live video streamer. I had kept more peculiar channels which I want to see only. I do not want fill up unnecessary stuff. I had tried to search for the same on Google but there is nothing mentioned on the same. Should I delete it or leave it as it is. There are also no info on this channel. When I play it, it gives a black screen for a long time. I think this might appear due to some settings with the video streaming. I had checked in my laptop which has the same settings but there is nothing similar found in it. Thanks.

Re: Found a TV channel in VLC Media Player

That looks a bit weird. There can be some spare channel on the same. By the way where you are getting it. Is it on DVB-S or DVB-T. What I found on Google that this is a kind of news channel which offer you a information on weather, sports, etc. Check properly there is a active site for this channel. The channel might be introduced some time ago and you are getting that on your media player. You do not need to worry about the same. If you want you can keep it or just remove it. You can ad that back later on.

Re: Found a TV channel in VLC Media Player

It might belong to the service you are using for watching TV. I had a number of channels from TVNZ. It can be one of them. Remove it if you do not want. I had seen a number of channels in the list of my player which chokes up the entire system. To some extent it is good to keep only those which you want to see. Getting rid of unnecessary stuff is a kind of good housekeeping. The best thing I can recommend you is to look for Live TV Streams List. This list provides you information on live streaming channels on web.