Thread: How to use Lotus Spreadsheets on Windows 7 64 bit

How to use Lotus Spreadsheets on Windows 7 64 bit

hello guys , i recently made a purchase of dell laptop and it came with default new Windows 7 64 bit system. As I am interested in Lotus spreadsheets as it is more useful in my case and had some queries regarding the same. So what do I require to do to get them installed on my new Windows 7 64 bit OS. Can you suggest some ways in which I will be able to do it. Please provide helpful information for the same.

Re: How to use Lotus Spreadsheets on Windows 7 64 bit

I can understand what you are trying to say. But I would like to ask as previous to purchasing your new computer what were you making use of . Spreadsheets don't run by themselves as the previous time I was working with Lotus spreadsheets I had to make use of the Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheet program. And I need to say that except you have a version of Lotus 1-2-3 or else whatever that company produced to do well that program which runs on Windows 7 you will require to keep your previous system to view them. It is as well probable that Microsoft Excel or the alike open Office spreadsheet program will import along with convert the spreadsheets.

In my case, I have Microsoft Office 2003 which is installed on my Windows 7 64 bit PC moreover Excel 2003 will import Lotus 1-2-3 files. As said by the previous post , the last time I worked with those type files was back in the old DOS days and I made use of dBaseIV data base files as well.

To add further in this case , I would also like to say that I am making use of Lotus SmartSuite version 9.8. I as well have it on my laptop which is XP and it will absolutely work fine. I have some more queries as do you all guys think it would labor on Window 7 32 bit? I as well have microsoft 2003 on my windows 7 64 bit pc. I will make some good attempts by making use of excel so that I am able to import the files and let you know if it will work for me or not.

According to me, I suppose and it also appears that Lotus 1-2-3 is dead, and the support as well seems to have ended. To add further IBM has a new free product, Lotus Symphony, which might be able to be used as an alternative. This is not the Lotus Symphony of the behind 1980s. as well as Microsoft Excel at this time don’t tend to support the aptitude to read WK* files, in the long run it will almost certainly to move from Lotus to a latest spread sheet program.

The conclusion I reached is that your finest expectation is to effort to save your previous spreadsheets in the most recent Microsoft Office format that your Lotus program will tend to hold up. I'm not very recognizable with the latest editions of Lotus, but even the previous versions of that program had file converters which allowed you to save the spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel of one edition or else another. If you no longer have the machine which supported your program, you might find yourself unlucky.