Thread: What is kdbsync.exe and AMD AVT folder?

What is kdbsync.exe and AMD AVT folder?

I have obtained with the latest 12.3 RC modded drivers. I know that this is AMD Advanced Video Transcoding technology but then also I want to know that what the kdbsync.exe is. If you can provide some information about this then I will be really appreciate the reply. Thank you so much in advance.

Re: What is kdbsync.exe and AMD AVT folder?

If you are making use of the card in your computer specification then I think that this is the problem with the card which is not capable of OpenCL. So it will be better for you if you can check for this possibility with the help of the GPU-Z.

This looks like some virus running in your system and so it is recommended to scan the computer with some good antivirus. There are many of the options for the antivirus for you and you can make use of any of those. But one thing that you need to ensure is that the virus definition of the antivirus that you are using is updated otherwise it will not be able to san it properly and you will keep on getting this again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoli View Post
    I have obtained with the latest 12.3 RC modded drivers. I know that this is AMD Advanced Video Transcoding technology but then also I want to know that what the kdbsync.exe is. If you can provide some information about this then I will be really appreciate the reply. Thank you so much in advance.
    I think that this process is setup as the startup process and because of that only, you are seeing that process running. So what you can do is, just go to the 'msconfig’ and from there disable this process. When you do that then you will not get that problem again.

This might be some process of any of the running application in your computer. If this is not creating any problem for you then why are you worrying for this? Just keep that running in background, if there is no problem with this process.

seems to me the question was " what is kdbsync.exe " in the AMD AVT folder....not one of you have answered the question in future in this sort of situation try saying this instead, ...." I DON'T KNOW " .........
    INSTEAD of chatting broken biscuits to all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by xenoncodex View Post
    seems to me the question was " what is kdbsync.exe " in the AMD AVT folder....not one of you have answered the question in future in this sort of situation try saying this instead, ...." I DON'T KNOW " .........
    INSTEAD of chatting broken biscuits to all of us.
    What exactly do you want to know about it? The kdbsync.exe runs in the process when you install the new driver from amd for drag and drop transcoding feature. You can remove it from startup in MSCONFIG, and here

C:\ProgramData\AMD\KDB

Check the pdf file also for more explanation - http://developer.amd.com/afds/assets...2146_final.pdf