Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 27-03-2012

learning what a file is about without opening it

Like most of you, I have downloaded many, many files and programs...many hundreds. Most of which never get used or even opened.

Every once in a while, having nothing pressing to do, I peruse my Downloads folder. Not an enlightening experience, as most downloaded files and their names are not very revealing.

Is there a utility out there that can scan a file and give the jist of what the file or program is about? Using Win XP Pro 3, hovering over a file name provides some info but usually not enough to be useful. I don't want to open the files. I just want to know what they are about.

Suggestions appreciated.
Old 27-03-2012

Re: learning what a file is about without opening it

I don't think that there is any utility for now to scan a file and provide you information about the same without opening it.To get more information of the file one can just check out the file extension,I personally think it is sufficient enough.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,