Thread: Unable to see Visio Visual Reports in Project

Unable to see Visio Visual Reports in Project

I am having some issues and I think you all guys will solve it for me. I have got all my issues solved which I discussed here. And this one is the one which I am having problems. I am running Ms Project Standard 2010 in addition to Visio Standard 2010, and to state further, I am not able to see the Visio visual reports which are Project templates? Can anyone suggest in this case . thanks for replies in advance.

Re: Unable to see Visio Visual Reports in Project

I have come across this issue and to tell regarding it as found from some of the sites and as far as I know, you require Visio Professional for the visual reports in Project 2010.

To add further this topic , we can have some glance over this topic and it will help you to resolve your issue. and to begin, Visual Reports is a latest characteristic in Project Standard and Professional that permit you to report on your project’s data in Excel by making use of PivotTables along with PivotCharts, as well as in Visio using a latest characteristic called PivotDiagrams . making use of Visual Reports you are able to currently with no trouble create eye-catching reports that are also revealing off data from your project with the help of formats that are recognizable to your target audience. To assist get you in progress they are shipping Excel as well as Visio templates. You are also able to create your own templates that you are also able to share out to others to offer a consistency across everyone’s information.

I find this topic relating to me , and I would like to add some more information. So , for a little more background information, Visual Reports will tend to work and labor with Excel 2003 or afterward as well as Visio Professional 2007. There is no requirement to have .Net 2.0 installed to make use of this characteristic. That was only a condition for the Beta.

It might be probable to labor from Visio standard to Project, but specially the Visual Reports in Project need the Professional edition of Visio. I've got Visio standard, as well as when I make some attempts to create a latest Visio Visual Reports template in MSP 2010.

I need to tell you that you need to perform certain operations which will help you solve your issue. From the menu bar select New and then the Project Schedule and then proceed further to Gantt Chart, after that a latest drop down menu will tend to appear which is called as "Gantt Chart".The Import alternative on this menu will tend to gives you right of entry to the "Import Project Data Wizard", which permits you to get MS Project data into a Visio style gantt. There's as well a equivalent Export alternative as well as wizard.

I have been working on this topic since few months and all I can say that the reason that you must make use of Visio Professional 2010 is since the Professional version comprises of the PivotDiagrams characteristic required by Microsoft Project 2010 so that you are able to create the Visual Reports in Visio. The Standard edition of Visio 2010 does not comprise the PivotDiagrams characteristic, which indicates that you are not able to make use of that edition with Visual Reports. So I think this solution will work in your case.

A number of background information for the technological group Visual Reports will work fine by first creating a local database (.mdb file) that encloses data from your scheme. From there we build a local cube (.cub file) as well as followed by hook the cube up to a PivotChart in Excel or else a PivotDiagram in Visio. These cubes are totally separate from the server cubes. There are six dissimilar cubes to make reports off of and then resource, task, as well as assignment together for synopsis in addition to usage. You are able to even save cubes or else the database to then generate reports off of in the prospect.

I make use of Project 2003 every day to create Gantt chart visual reports for upper management. It is extremely tricky along with time consuming, along with not at all user friendly to attempt to export snapshots to PowerPoint. To save my formatting, I have one vast awkward file than I filter instead of the linking projects. Will these concern be addressed in Project 2007? Can you come across this issue and solve it for me.

By making use of Visual Reports, you are not able to make any creation of a Gantt view but you are able to create a group of other charts that upper management may be involved in. which part you are more concerned with and what do you find tricky? Have you attempted by making use of Copy Picture (on the Edit menu in Project 2003 along with on the Report menu in Project 2007) or else make some effort in Copy Picture to Office Wizard (on the analysis toolbar)?

Quote Originally Posted by Adarna View Post
    I am having some issues and I think you all guys will solve it for me. I have got all my issues solved which I discussed here. And this one is the one which I am having problems. I am running Ms Project Standard 2010 in addition to Visio Standard 2010, and to state further, I am not able to see the Visio visual reports which are Project templates? Can anyone suggest in this case . thanks for replies in advance.
    Several people here have given you the correct answer - in order to run Visio Visual reports, Visio professional is required.

In the future, you may wish to post your questions regarding Microsoft Project directly to the Techarena forum for Project at:

http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/

Note that Application Data is a hidden folder, as a result if you are not able to see this in Windows Explorer you will have to alter your settings to display hidden folders. And let me clear that Visual Reports will not be working in Project Pro 2007 Beta II.

To make use of Visual Reports you must have .Net 2.0 along with either Excel 2007 or else Visio Pro 2007 installed If you installed .Net 2.0 then after making the installing of the Project, you'll require to do the following – move to Control Panel and then to the Add or Remove Programs and then make a selection of Project and click Change. After this you need to Select Add or Remove Features, and then expand Microsoft Office Project as well as you need to set the install state of Visual Reports to "Run from My Computer". Finally you need to click continue to install the characteristic.