Thread: Realtek HD audio stereo mix grayed out and unable to adjust the volume on it

Realtek HD audio stereo mix grayed out and unable to adjust the volume on it

I recently made an installation of drivers and it has came into view that I am not able to figure out what is the issue with the stereo as it has been grayed out and i am not able to adjust the volume on it. I am very much concerned with this one and I require the option to enable this one as I am not able to record some sounds in the games i play. So can you make some descent suggestions in this case . please sort it for me as quick as possible.

Re: Realtek HD audio stereo mix grayed out and unable to adjust the volume on it

I think so you almost certainly require to have an re-installation of the driver for the sound/audio adapter. And if you are making use of an factory-built, brand-name PC or else a laptop, you need to make an download of drivers simply from the PC or else laptop maker's website. But if you are making use of an unbranded, custom-built or else home-built PC, you need to download drivers from the motherboard manufacturer's website.

Re: Realtek HD audio stereo mix grayed out and unable to adjust the volume on it

Thanks for the quick reply, but I need to say that it's a custom built PC.and I have made an download of the audio drivers from the realtek site, but it didn’t caused any difference . in addition to this , I also made an installation of the one which came with the motherboard as well as it still tends to be grayed out . can you give some further solutions.

I have founded from some sites and it has came to me that stereo Mix is not supported by all audio chipsets and it is also not supported in addition by all driver versions. And in this case, I need to say that you should attempt by making use of the drivers from the motherboard manufacturer . and if it has worked in the previous versions with the similar motherboard, then you can try with making some changes in the driver versions. Also you can make use of the drivers directly from Realtek.

I was also having the same issue and after some time it was solved when I searched some sites and visited some sites. So as found, you need to try going to control panel sound properties and then you need to enable or else disable the analog or else digital alternative which will not tend to work check the sound card properties along with you need to enable the mixer alternative . open box with physically hard reset device by having an uninstallation and then reinstalling.

I would provide some information which will be helpful in your case. If it's grayed out in all of the editions that you have attempted , I will believe that it could be an faulty hardware, or that alternative is not supported. Stereo Mix is not supported in all chipsets or else by many driver versions. It has been also proved that Stereo Mix does not have an effect on the volume. It only permits together audio channels like the mic input as well as the audio output inside the audio chipset to be recorded.

So thanks for the replies as it was solved in my case and all I alone can tell is after making some changes in the driver versions it was solved. I was not with appropriate version of drivers. So after having appropriate drivers I was still having some issues. Then enabling and disabling the analog or else digital alternative solved my issue.