Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 21-03-2012

How to fix Windows XP Diskpart Not Valid System Partition Error on Setup

After a series of problems, Dell has finally sent me the XP CD, and Bart-PE, I also was able to open it and run the XP setup, but only up to the point where I got the following message. I am trying to install winxp after DISKPART use but it always giving error that "No valid system partitions were found. setup is unable to continue". I tried using Winnt32.exe /syspart : C: and then windows is initiating, asking for KEY and all, but then again gives the same error message. Please let me know how can I resolve it.
Old 21-03-2012

Re: How to fix Windows XP Diskpart Not Valid System Partition Error on Setup

Is C: formatted as an active Partition with either Fat32 or NTFS format. You can try to re-create MBR and boot.ini. For installations I am not the expert, nor have never made one. New systems are now cloned / backed up by image, that's it.
Old 21-03-2012

Re: How to fix Windows XP Diskpart Not Valid System Partition Error on Setup

Too bad that you do not have time "to lead to heart" you the information - on the side, namely all the links (also Bart_PE, GParted, UBCD us so on) and how they apply to any medium. By using diskpart, I made the partition and made it active too. But I am not sure about how to format it with FAT32/ NTFC. Can you please let me know. This problem can occur if you use Diskpart before executing Winnt32.exe to create partitions.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,