Thread: Cannot login to iTunes store (0x80092013)

Cannot login to iTunes store (0x80092013)

I am not able to login to the iTunes store. I am using the itunes 10.6.0.40 and my computer is running the Windows 7. Whenever I try to login to this then it shows me the error message as follows: “We could not complete your itunes store request. An unknown error occurred (0x80092013). There was an error in the itunes store please try again later". I tried to do this many of the times but all the times it shows me the same thing. When I try to browse the iTunes store without login then there is no problem. Other than this, when I select Help > Check for updates from the iTunes then this shows me the message as "The itunes server could not be contacted. Please check your internet connection or try again later”. Can you tell me that what can be the problem with this and how ca n I solve this issue. Thank you so much in advance for replying to this.

Re: Cannot login to iTunes store (0x80092013)

This looks like the client PC is missing Thawte root CA certificate. If this is true then you will surely going to get these messages. Just check for this in the Trusted Root CAs in computer store. If it is not added then it will be better for you if you can add this manually. I am sure that you will not get this messages again after adding this. If you get any further problem then please post back and we will try to get this resolved in some other possible way.

Do you have some firewall protection on your computer? If yes then it will be better if you can just disable that for some time and then try to update it. If the firewall is the reason for this problem then the problem will be resolved in this manner.

It would be better for you if you can run check for the internet connection and see if it is not the problem with it. You run ipconfig /flushdns.

This is not just you who is facing this problem. There are many of the other users with the same problem worldwide. I have contacted Apple for this issue and they told that they are aware of this issue and they have asked their engineers to get this problem resolved. I hope that it will be solved soon.

If none of the above solutions seems to be helpful to you then it will be better if you can simply try by uninstalling and reinstalling the iTunes in your computer. In many of the similar cases, I have seen the problem get resolved after the re installation and I hope that this time also it will do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfons View Post
    This looks like the client PC is missing Thawte root CA certificate. If this is true then you will surely going to get these messages. Just check for this in the Trusted Root CAs in computer store. If it is not added then it will be better for you if you can add this manually. I am sure that you will not get this messages again after adding this. If you get any further problem then please post back and we will try to get this resolved in some other possible way.
    I also have the same problem. i checked my laptop and it has Thawte Root CA certificate. My firewall is also Off. I even tried uninstalling Mcafee anti virus. Any otehr solution to resolve this issue. Please guide.

Quote Originally Posted by vishalvijayan View Post
    I also have the same problem. i checked my laptop and it has Thawte Root CA certificate. My firewall is also Off. I even tried uninstalling Mcafee anti virus. Any otehr solution to resolve this issue. Please guide.
    This issue seems to be a known bug and many people are suffering from same error with their itunes installed on their machines. Apple is still working on it for a fix now, but some people were able to solve this issue by reverting back from itunes 10.6 version to itunes 10.5.3 version. Also take a look here for any fixes - http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4123.

I had the same issue. After checking the link in the previous post, I uninstalled SpeedBit Video Accelerator, a piece of software apparently coming with Real player. It solved the itunes store problem, but this is not the only problem with the last version of itunes. Some big podcast episodes won't download with itunes, while they work perfectly with other podcast managers.
    So, last itunes for windows seems unreliable anyway, and it seems safer to wait for an update.

Last release (10.6.1.7) seems to work ok, for me, at least.