Thread: Reviewing font of Mac Lion Ms Office 2011

Reviewing font of Mac Lion Ms Office 2011

as we all have used Word 2010 and you may have also seen that you were able to preview fonts formatting before you applied them. And in addition, you must have also performed some apply the preview you liked, and you only had to click the selected font name. But as I approached towards the It seems that Word 2011 is not able to do this. So can you help me please.

re: Reviewing font of Mac Lion Ms Office 2011

You need to be more specific in your case and I suppose you mean to see the font as it is in the font list? Are you meaning to say that the text doesn't change or something like that.

yes, you guessed it correctly, so I mean that when I'm writing with Word 2010 and I can’t make out what font suits better, I am able to move in the menu and only moving the pointer over the list of font names the text selected changes. But in the case of Word 2011, the text does not seem to change so can you make some suggestion as I think you have understood the topic well.

I think I was also concerning regarding this issue and as I had some third party font managers , it was solved, so do you have any third party font managers or else font enhancement programs which are installed on your Windows machine , if not make an installation of them.

I have some suggestion which should work in your case and I need to say that it is available in word 2011 for mac. So , when you are in word you need to go to the word drop down menu along with select "preferences" and in the window that pops up you need to select "general" and then in settings you will be with the ninth option like this one, "WYSIWYG font and style menus" which stands for "what you see is what you get". And you need to check the box. By this you will be with your desired solution.

So guys I think the previous post was all about the mac users and to say regarding the windows , it is checked off by default. though, it's not as easy to preview the fonts and styles as you state:
    1. You need to make a selection of the text that you wish to format.
    2. On the Home tab, in the Font group:
    3. You require to click the Font box down-arrow, followed by the pointer over the fonts.
    4. You require to click the Font Size box down arrow, followed by the pointer over the font sizes.
    5. You need to click the Text Highlight Color button down-arrow, followed by pointer over the highlight or fill colors.
    6. You also need to click the Font Color button down-arrow, and then see in over the font colors.
    7. To apply the previewed formatting, you need to click the selected font name, font size, and color.
    8. To cancel live previewing without applying any changes, you need to press ESC.

And all will be solved.

I just had a glance on this thread and made some investigations as I am using word for several years and thought I would find it. So all you guys about formatting in Word, see Formatting. And its just as easy to do it the other way which is why I don't make use of the above technique.