Thread: Adobe Acrobat Reader 10.1.2 crashes while printing

Adobe Acrobat Reader 10.1.2 crashes while printing

Earlier I had Adobe Acrobat Reader 10.1.1 installed in my windows XP SP1 system which was running perfectly. But then later on after a long time two days ago I just update it with 10.1.2 version. the previous version didn’t have any issue but then too just to check out the advanced or the added features I updated the application.

But now it seems like this updated version have some bug. I have noticed multiple number of times that whenever I try to print 2 sided using a Fuji Xerox Firefly C4400 Atheros what I noticed was that the Acrobat Reader application was crashing in-between the printing. After printing some 4 to 5 pages the app use to suddenly get close. This crashing issue occurs only if I try to print the anything from the application. Is it a bug, and is there any solution or patch for this issue?

Re: Adobe Acrobat Reader 10.1.2 crashes while printing

Is it a bug, and is there any solution or patch for this issue?
    Yeah it is a bug and for your kind information let me tell you that there is a patch fix for this problem. I was once recommended on cpsid_92870. I have seriously no idea whether this patch would fix up your issue as I have not yet tried it and also not seen or heard anyone trying it out until now. So I can say that for me you are the first person who will be trying it (only if you want to try).

Need few more information with respect to the issue and something else, only then I would be able to help you out my friends so please do co-operate:
    • Can you tell me whether you face the exact same issue when you try to print the document or a page from any other application like MS word or Notepad?
    • And if possible once try to check the Duplex settings from the properties dialog instead of “Print on both side” option, and let me know the result
    • Another possible thing you can try out is remove the windows patch KB4332667 and see whether you still face the same issue.

As far as I know this is the most common issue after the 10.1.2 update of Adobe Acrobat Reader. The Acrobat Reader application do crash whenever you will try to print on two side, it happens most probably due to when the machine or the printer do not support the two side print. So you need not have to worry thinking that you are the only one existing here with this issue, if you check out the adobe official forum you could probably find number of user facing the same issue with this 10.1.2 update.

Anyways now the only possible solution i have is to Uncheck the “two Side Print” option from the Dialog Box, then try out the printing option or command.

This would probably work out if you uncheck that option.

I really appreciate the efforts you are put in in order to provide me with an appropriate solution. I will surely try out the suggestion you have given me.

Can you tell me whether you face the exact same issue when you try to print the document or a page from any other application like MS word or Notepad?
    And if possible once try to check the Duplex settings from the properties dialog instead of “Print on both side” option, and let me know the result
    Another possible thing you can try out is remove the windows patch KB4332667 and see whether you still face the same issue.
    I would surely reply back to all your question respectively.
    When I try to print from some other applicaton, everything works fine including the print. The issue occurs on with those documents that are enabled in a protected mode or double sided. But using Adobe reading creates a huge mess up and issues.

Also I already tried out the Duplex settings, but even that didn’t show any difference in fact the Adobe Reader X automatically gets shut down without any prior warning without even able to complete the print command and also it displays a message which states that it has incurred an issue.

Having the same issue with this latest updated version of Adobe reader. In my case the printing use to suddenly stop after printing some 6 pages of almost 300 page document and then it use to give me the same error as mentioned above “Adobe Reader has incurred an error”. Already I tried out the patch and the resolution of unticking the duplex methodology but the problem still exists.

I have already submitted the crash log and also tried to add the Send Error Report that was actually provided to me when the error occurred.

Sorry if I am printing my query in a wrong section or thread but I somehow wanted to get my issue sorted out so please help me out. There is certain issue with the printing. First of all let me tell you that I am a complete non-technical guy and I do not have any idea about computer software and hard ware and due to this reason I am unable to get the exact cause of the issue I am facing.

Today morning I was trying to print some PDF documents. When I was tried to give the print command I got the message with a blue bar saying “Unable to start the printing job, is the printer available”. My printer is new and I am sure there is no problem with it, because when I do the other printing job like printing from web the printer works fine without any issue. Please help me out.

You issue seems to be something similar with the permission problem. With the documents open:
    1. Just Go to File
    2. Properties
    3. Security
    4. Allow Printing
    5. Make sure that printing is allowed over there.

Even if you still face the issue then better you visit this PAGE, and try to trouble shoot the problem with Adobe Acrobat Reader printing.