Thread: Video Stream not working in Firefox after updating the Flash Player to the latest version 11.1.102.62

Video Stream not working in Firefox after updating the Flash Player to the latest version 11.1.102.62

Hey is there anyone who can help me out. I am running windows vista 32 bit on my system, with Firefox 10.0.2 browser installed in it. I also have a flash player installed in my machine from the time I bought this system. i always kept the Flash player updated and also it use to work fine after every update.

Now yesterday night as usual I received a message from the system saying that there are Adobe Flash Player updates available on web. So as normally I clicked on the update button and update the player to the latest version i.e. .1.102.62, let me tell you that I updated the Flash Player from the Official Adobe web page. But then later on after the updates I have noticed an error with the player. I have noticed that I am unable to get the legal video stream in the Firefox browser. What could be the issue?

Re: Video Stream not working in Firefox after updating the Flash Player to the latest version 11.1.102.62

There are two possible solutions that I can suggest you,
    • First of all check for the available Plugin for your browser, make sure that if there’s any it’s working
    • Uninstall the Flash Player and again install it, restart the system and check

Re: Video Stream not working in Firefox after updating the Flash Player to the latest version 11.1.102.62

I am seriously not at all concerned about the issue; in fact I am not facing any such kind of issue. the only doubt going around in my mind is which version exactly is the latest one for the Flash player. Checked out number of sites, some of them still have 11.1.102.55 version as the latest one available whereas some have 11.1.102.62 version available as the latest. Also when checked out some Help site they stated 11.1.102.62 as the recent release. I truly believe Adobe a lot therefore I checked out the official Adobe site and verified the latest version, over there I found 11.1.102.62 as the recent one.

I am sure this could also be a reason for this issue. Lack of knowledge of the version also sometimes creates a huge mess up.

I am sure this could also be a reason for this issue. Lack of knowledge of the version also sometimes creates a huge mess up.
    Yeah I do agree with you. not sometimes but many times this happen that instead of getting some correct version you land up installing the wrong one. Make sure that the version which you installed is the correct and full version and not a beta version. if you are not aware let me tell you that beta version sometimes do create problems, and in fact 11.1.102.62 beta did arose huge problems with regarding to the video streaming. Better you check out the version which you have updated is the correct one. Visit the Adobe official site and check it over there.

You need not have to do anything in order to check out for the Flash Player version you are currently running in your system. Just visit this Adobe page and know the version of the Flash Player currently active. Over there in that page you would find a dialog box with a message written on the title bar “This box dynamically displays the following information” and below this message you can see two labels with their respective text fields.
    First label: Your Flash Player version
    Second Label: Your OS

If you find that you have mistakenly installed or upgraded to the beta version you could probably install the correct version or downgrade to the previous version only if the previous version was working properly.

You need to download a Flash Player Uninstaller in order to uninstall the Player and then later on after downloading it:
    1. Exit the browser using Flash Player
    2. Run the Uninstaller
    3. Then verify that the uninstallation is successfully completed
    4. And now install the desired version or the previous version depending on your choice

Please help me out with the installation. I am running windows 7 64 bit OS on my machine. Even I was facing few problems with the video streaming after upgrading the flash player to the latest version. Later on as suggested above even I was told to uninstall and then reinstall the version but I think now I have landed up into a huge mess.

First I directly deleted the Flash Player without using an uninstaller then later on after realizing my mistake I installed the uninstaller from adobe’s official site but then too I am still facing the problem.

I don’t know this time where exactly I committed the mistake, everything I did was as suggested to me. I uninstalled the version using the Uninstaller and also checked out whether there is any file left out from getting deleted. But I guess the uninstallation is still not properly done, I am not sure but I just doubt it. so is there anyone who can help me out with this problem.

I don’t think there is any point blaming the uninstaller if you have downloaded it from the official site of Adobe. The only mistake you must have done according to me is with the proper selection of the uninstaller. I mean that you must have downloaded the 32 bit uninstaller instead of getting a 64 bit. I just doubt about it, only you can confirm the news. If its really the case you could probably get the correct Uninstaller from HERE.