Thread: Unable to change Flash Player 10.1.85.3 settings

Unable to change Flash Player 10.1.85.3 settings

I think there is some issue with my Flash Player 10.1.85.3 Settings. Noticed a lot of negative things, whenever I use the settings Manager I have seen that the check boxes are always unable to check or mark and if somehow I make any changes, I have noticed that those changes are reset every time I open the page.

Another big issue is with the Global Storage Settings that is set to none. Anyone with any appropriate solution?

Re: Unable to change Flash Player 10.1.85.3 settings

Just try out the following solution and let me know the result:
    1. Close all browser and windows
    2. Open Windows Explorer
    3. Type %appdata%\Adobe in the address bar
    4. Delete 'Flash Player' folder
    5. Type %appdata%\Macromedia in the address bar
    6. Delete 'Flash Player' folder
    7. Close Windows Explorer

Try checking with the settings now, and see whether you see any problem.

Hello friends, I think at last I am at the right place at the right time. You know even I am getting this exact same problem. I can’t even make any possible required settings which I am willing to do. And also sometime I am unable to select any appropriate check box. Also once I tried switching to administrator and running the flash player over there by making the appropriate changes in the settings.

Also tried out the above suggestion and the most interesting thing was that I was not even able performing the complete steps. Actually the problem was that I was unable flash player folder in the Adobe folder and also the macromedia folder was not visible. But under the default user I could find the Macromedia folder with Flash Player, which I somehow managed to delete which didn’t make any difference.

Also tried out the above suggestion and the most interesting thing was that I was not even able performing the complete steps. Actually the problem was that I was unable flash player folder in the Adobe folder and also the macromedia folder was not visible. But under the default user I could find the Macromedia folder with Flash Player, which I somehow managed to delete which didn’t make any difference.
    I guess there is some issue with the permission in your account; you can probably try the one stated below:
    1. Create a 'Flash Player' folder under %APPDATA%\Adobe
    2. Create a 'Macromedia\Flash Player' folder under %APPDATA%

I had this issue few months ago and fortunately I somehow managed to sort it out with a suggestion. First of all for your kind information, I was running Ubuntu Linux on my system with Google Chrome installed in it. Later on when I encountered this issue I actually didn’t get panic instead I simply came up with a fix, I directly installed a chrome extension known as “Flashcontrol”.

After doing so all my flash player related issues went off especially the settings issue. let me tell you that I also had a issue of flash player setting window appearing frequently on screen.

I guess there is some issue with the permission in your account;
    I am sure this flash player settings issue has nothing to do with the permission or the page issue, its purely related to the flash. As far as I am concerned, once when my friend contacted the tech support center they replied him that they probably cannot recreate the issue in a hose in order to trouble them. so if you want to get an appropriate solution for your issue you could probably get your system to Adobe and show it to them, they would somehow fix the issue. And if you have a laptop or a notebook then its another advantage for you to carry it to Adobe center.

I am not sure with the solution I am providing to you but as far as I am concerned somewhere I believe that some of the settings can be easily control once by using the “mms.config” file, but as I said I am not sure with the one which exactly does it.

I think there is some issue with my Flash player Settings. Noticed a lot of negative things, whenever I use the settings Manager I have seen that the check boxes are always unable to check or mark and if somehow I make any changes, I have noticed that those changes are reset every time I open the page.
    And also if you are unable to access the settings option of your Flash Player settings you could probably use a series of TABs and SPACEs in order to move or change or select anything respectively. I am sure that this trick will work on Google Chrome with MAC 10.7 OS running onto your system. Make sure that you try this only if you are not able click or select the settings Manager within the webpage.

Its very much necessary to fist let us know which system you are having, the OS running onto your system and most importantly the browser you are using with its version.

Anyways if in case all the above possible solutions doesn’t works for you then you might try out complete uninstall and reinstallation of the Flash player. I personally believe that this is the only convenient idle solution left with the user who does not find any other suggestion effective.

But you should make sure that while you uninstall the Flash Player you use an uninstaller. You might probably get that uninstaller from the adobe’s official site so you need not have to worry about that. Also do the same thing while reinstall the software but this time use an installer for the installation.

Another thing you have to keep in mind while doing the complete installation procedure is that you do not keep any browser windows open.