Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Getting ‘Cannot Open This media may be damaged' In QuickTime 10

Windows Software

Old 18-03-2012

Getting ‘Cannot Open This media may be damaged' In QuickTime 10

Recently I have updated to Quicktime version 10.7. The problem is I can no more export the .wmv file(s) using Quicktime 10.1. The problem was with the Flip4Mac as it was not working properly with QuickTime version 10.7. This problem was not solved even after when I opened the .wmv file and save it with .mov format in QuickTime 10.1. I keep getting the message 'Cannot Open This media may be damaged.' Has anyone has these same issue or would like to tell the why it happens?

Old 18-03-2012

re: Getting ‘Cannot Open This media may be damaged' In QuickTime 10

See you are placing the .wmw file and save to .mov file. But to tell you while converting these file does not convert the data to the QuickTime compatible file. In the new file container it partially decompresses the data that’s all it does. Well I think that the data or the header file is corrupted which will be the same after the convert also.Interestingly it doesn't affect all codecs and the codecs it does affect don't work in QT 7 Pro.
Old 18-03-2012

I have a problem with my QuickTime file .mov.when I am exporting to the imovie or ihone I am getting the similar message. Here is the file as well as its codec:
MPEG-4, 640 x 480
μ-Law 2:1, 1 channel, 8000 Hz
I can open in QuickTime but I want to export it. Is there any converter that can help me?
Old 18-03-2012

These were the problem I tried a lot but with no joy then I have downloaded the software Bigasoft iMovie converter. After downloading these software then I installed Bigasoft iMovie converter. These converted the file now I can open it with in iMovie. The iMovie is really nice.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , ,