Thread: iTunes keeps on asking for the password in order to get automatic downloads

iTunes keeps on asking for the password in order to get automatic downloads

From the day I have upgraded the iTunes in my system it has been giving me some of the other issue. in fact the issue comes up in a way which cannot be sorted out . Now the current issue I am facing is that this iTunes always keeps on asking me for the password to sign in to use this machine for the automatic downloads. Tried hundreds of times to de-authorize and then reauthorize the machine but that didn’t make any difference yet.

Most irritating thing is that it keeps on asking for the password for all the programs with a pop up which I keeps on cancelling. Is there anyone who can give me an idea to make iTunes remember the password instead of me re-entering the password again and again.

Re: iTunes keeps on asking for the password in order to get automatic downloads

Even I am facing the exact same issue; I am really irritated with this latest version and now searching out for the complete fix for this issue. Once if I go to the settings and then if I turn off the automatic downloads then too it keeps on asking for the password.

Anyways I won’t say that I haven’t yet tried out any trick or came up with any solution either, I did have a solution but that is just for a temporary basis. You just have to go to the store in iTunes and then log out from there. By doing this from now you won’t be asked for the password until and unless you log in to iTunes store again.

Most irritating thing is that it keeps on asking for the password for all the programs with a pop up which I keeps on cancelling. Is there anyone who can give me an idea to make iTunes remember the password instead of me re-entering the password again and again.
    You can better disable the automatic updates in iTunes whenever you open iTunes instead of facing those password entering prompts. I was also always asked for signing in to check for the automatic downloads every time I use to open iTunes. But then I did the following thing to get rid of the issue:

1. Open iTunes
    2. Go to preferences
    3. Select Store
    4. Uncheck "Always check for available downloads"
    5. Now open iTunes without sign in pop ups.

The pop up which I am getting is exactly same as for automatic downloads. Every time I activate the iTunes I get a pop up twice after every single time I open it and when I click on cancel closes the pop up or window each time.

Once when the “Block pop-up windows” of safari is activated that didn’t really stopped the pop-ups in safari, I don’t really have any idea whether I am trying to block the pop ups in safari has anything to do with them in iTunes. I am having a iTunes version 10.5.1 version and its really being a huge headache now.

I guess there might be some interesting fix for this issue. what you can do is:
    1. Open iTunes
    2. Preferences
    3. Parental Tab
    4. Check out the boxes for disabling the iTunes Store
    5. Restart iTunes

Now you should probably not see any pop ups in future also if possible you just try out signing in to iTunes store, you might getting number of network errors. After this get back to the iTunes and then follow the exact procedure given above but this time uncheck the box which you checked for disabling the iTunes Store, close everything and now restart iTunes there might be no more pop ups even after you sign in to the store.

I have been working around for this bug from past six months. I was really frustrated I use to sometimes get a message saying “cannot connect to apple store”, and the most interesting thing was that I already disabled the apple store in the parental preferences but then the question arises why I am getting this unwanted pop up. Also sometimes I get the Change password request twice.

But now I somehow tried to log in the iTunes Store by just having reset the password which was washed away from the mind. But now I have not being getting those pop ups messages. Hope the issue won’t come up again.

Try this out, If you are able to open up the iTunes without facing any issue:
    1. Start iTunes by right click
    2. And Run as Administrator
    3. Enter your password if prompted
    4. Close itunes
    5. Start it again without right clicking method

Hope now you can access it without any issue or pop up. Its not a random solution, I actually had the same issue and I fixed the issue by doing the same trick on my notebook running windows 7 64 bit.

I am not sure what actually made the iTunes to work fine and smooth. Actually I tried out all the three solutions which was suggested to me by my friend. They were:

• iTunes > Preferences > Advanced > Click Reset Warnings and Reset Cache
    • iTunes > Store menu, Turn off Genius
    • iTunes > Store menu. Select Authorize This Computer (but in my case it was already authorized)
    • iTunes > Preferences > Store > Uncheck everything related to Automatic Downloads