Thread: Adobe Flash Player 11 crashes while viewing online videos with high resolution

Adobe Flash Player 11 crashes while viewing online videos with high resolution

Whenever I visit Youtube for viewing videos, most of the videos don’t play. I mean, some videos play properly but when I want to view videos with high resolution or that of high quality they don’t just start. In some cases, first few frames load properly and the video continuously goes on buffering without anything to display. But when I play browser based game they work great. The game of highest resolution works properly despite of that problem. I am using Windows 7 on my PC with Adobe Flash Player 11 installed. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Re: Adobe Flash Player 11 crashes while viewing online videos with high resolution

I too experienced similar problems after updating Adobe Flash Player 10.1 to Adobe Flash Player 11. My job needs me to travel at many places. So for purpose of entertainment, I carry my laptop with me on which I watch streaming of my Favorite television shows on internet. After upgrading, to Flash Player 11, the videos with low runtime and low resolution can be viewed properly. But when I tried to view videos with high resolution like 1080 X 768 that is 1080p it just doesn’t work. The browser just freezes and I get a message saying that plug-in has crashed. I downgraded my Flash Player to version 10.6 and now it is working fine.

Re: Adobe Flash Player 11 crashes while viewing online videos with high resolution

I too am experiencing such problem. I tried if it is limited to only one browser, but I found that this problem is related to Adobe Flash player 11 and browser don’t play any role in this fault. Even my browser freezes many times if the page contains too many interactive images or videos. I cleared all the temp files and cache memory to see if it solves the problem, but still it didn’t help. I tried cleaning the junk files using CCleaner, but still nothing changed. I checked the setting manager to find if any third party application is affecting the working of Adobe Flash Player 11.

I was reading the specifications of Adobe Flash Player 11 and it says that minimum of 128 mb Graphic memory is required for proper operation. If this is not available then Flash Player 11 won’t update. The bigger problem is that the browser based games and videos will prompt to update the flash player. Now the person doing this without having Graphic card will be trapped. He will have to update flash player but won’t be able to use it. Flash Player 11 has proved to open doors for 3rd part patches in ones system. Norton Antivirus developers have described this as a security threat.

I uninstalled Adobe Flash Player 11 from the Control Panel and reinstalled Flash Player 10.1. But then Again some applications have upgraded themselves to demand ActiveX filtering. Now Flash Player 10.1 doesn’t have this. If we run that application without ActiveX filtering, it finds an alternate method to run. This will start consuming large amount of RAM. The result of this will be that your other processes will slow down.