Thread: Web Pages says Flash Player 11 Plugin, ActiveX and Shockwave player 11.6 are not installed

Web Pages says Flash Player 11 Plugin, ActiveX and Shockwave player 11.6 are not installed

I have some interesting problem to share with you all. First of all let me tell you that I have a Acer Aspire One laptop with window XP 32 bit home and student addition installed in it. And now recently I have installed the following things:
    • Adobe Flash Player 11 Plugin
    • Adobe ActiveX
    • Adobe Shockwave player 11.6

But then when I open my Internet Browser and try to watch any video it tells that “Flash Player 11, ActiveX and Shockwave player 11.6 are not installed”. How come I am getting this message?

Re: Web Pages says Flash Player 11 Plugin, ActiveX and Shockwave player 11.6 are not installed

With a simple analyze I could only say that the flash player installation is properly done or completed. Either you have committed certain mistakes while the installation or else you have not properly read the instruction while installing.

Did you have any previous version installed in your system while you were installing the current version? If yes then I guess you have not properly uninstalled the previous version which has created the issue with this current version installation. You might have just deleted or removed the previous version from the control panel before installing the current version. Make sure that you get an uninstaller for the Flash Player and then uninstall the existing version and then install the any version you want to install.

Re: Web Pages says Flash Player 11 Plugin, ActiveX and Shockwave player 11.6 are not installed

Perform the following things:
    1. First of all get a windows flash Player Uninstaller
    2. And also get a Windows 32 bit Flash Player for your browser i.e. Internet Explorer
    3. Exit the browser
    4. Disconnect from internet
    5. Now Run the Uninstaller
    6. Reboot
    7. Delete the Flash folder in C:\Windows\System32\Macromed
    8. Run the installer.
    Hope now everything works fine.

Did you have any previous version installed in your system while you were installing the current version? if yes then I guess you have not properly uninstalled the previous version which has created the issue with this current version installation. You might have just deleted or removed the previous version from the control panel before installing the current version. Make sure that you get an uninstaller for the Flash Player and then uninstall the existing version and then install the any version you want to install.
    Yeah you are right; I did have a Flash player installed in my system before installing this problematic version of this player. And also you predicted it right that I uninstalled that version directly by getting into the Control Panel > Add or Remove Program, and clicking the uninstall option for this player, and then later on after I uninstalled that version installed the current version without facing any issue. That’s the reason I believe that everything was done successfully. But I wasn’t known that uninstalling directly sometimes does not removes the program completely.

Anyways can anyone let me know from where I can get the uninstaller for this flash player and also if possible let me know the flash player version that is compatible with Internet Explorer.

I get this message number of time. Never got any appropriate solution until yet and therefore I ignored everything and left the system as it is without getting a proper solution for it. Even I installed almost all the required things for the flash player to work properly but then support if I open a page, for e.g. a broadband test page, this page says that I need however upgrade the things in order to just view their graphical contents.

The Manage Add-ons says that Adobe Shockwave Flash Object Ver. 9.0.124.0 is already present and also enabled. Still I don’t have any idea why exactly they have not been added to the newer version that REVO possible agrees.

Adobe Flash Player 11 Plugin
    Adobe ActiveX
    Adobe Shockwave player 11.6

For your kind information first of all let me tell you that for the internet Explorer you need not have to get a Adobe Flash Player plugin, so better you do not worry about it.

Other than this you could probably get the Flash Player uninstaller for both windows 32 bit and 64 bit from adobe’s official site. If you find it difficult to get it then better get it from HERE.

And also you better get the Flash Player for Internet Explorer for windows 32 bit system from HERE. Because you wont be getting it soon as possible from web.