Thread: Blank Area with red x instead of interactive images on websites with Adobe Flash Player 11 installed

Blank Area with red x instead of interactive images on websites with Adobe Flash Player 11 installed

I am web developer and I am using a PC with Windows XP SP2 in it. I use Mozilla Firefox for testing and launching of a website and its components. But whenever I use an interactive image or gif image in my webpage, it is not displayed. I first thought it was happening due to high size of image. So I tried different browsers, but all over there was same result. On inquiring my colleagues about the problem, one tried my developed web page in his PC. He has Adobe Flash Player 9. There everything worked fine. So I think the problem lies with Adobe Flash Player 11. Did anyone else experience this same problem?

Re: Blank Area with red x instead of interactive images on websites with Adobe Flash Player 11 installed

If you are facing this problem than, your web browser has not loaded the flash player properly. Even though the installation was successful, the browsers haven’t accepted it. It can be due to incompatibility or missing hardware requirement. Go in the preferences of the web browsers and search for the add-on settings. In add-ons look out for manage Add-ons dialog box. In that Dialog Box, see if Shockwave Flash object is activated or not. If not enabled, then enable it and restart every application that requires internet, especially web browser. See if now it works or not.

Re: Blank Area with red x instead of interactive images on websites with Adobe Flash Player 11 installed

If the problem still persists even after enabling the add-on then the problem might be related to ActiveX filtering. ActiveX filtering s the one feature that brings the smoothness in transition of multiple frames of an images or video. If not detected than again, Flash Player fails to launch a video or image. If there is any problem with ActiveX filtering, it cannot be individually repaired. One will need to repair whole Adobe Flash Player suite.