Thread: Adobe Flash Player 11 not proper for upscaling of video on Youtube

Adobe Flash Player 11 not proper for upscaling of video on Youtube

I recently updated my Adobe Flash Player to its latest version, that is, Adobe Flash Player 11. But after this update the upscaling of video on youtube and other such websites started giving problem. It didn’t maintain the ratio at which the video should be upscaled. The video I was watching seemed to be stretched after upscalling. Even at 720p quality, the video seemed to be pixilated. Does someone know, what can be the cause of this problem?

Re: Adobe Flash Player 11 not proper for upscaling of video on Youtube

This problem can also be created due to incompatible video card. To check the compatibility of video card along with Adobe Flash Player,
    1) Navigate to Adobe Flash Player 11’s version page.
    2) Right click on appropriate versions name and select ‘Settings’
    3) In the settings dialog box, at the bottom you will find ‘Enable hardware acceleration’ checkbox.
    4) Uncheck the box, close the dialog box and restart the browser.

I have the drivers of my graphic card updated recently. There is no problem in my GPU as no other application which requires it, doesn’t show me any problem. My system doesn’t have Catalyst Control Center. This means that the hardware acceleration is of my system is outdated. Even ATI have discontinued providing updates for Hardware Acceleration for my graphic card. But I don’t think Adobe flash Player has anything to do with this.

Adobe Flash Player will be eliminated in Windows 8. Windows 8 will provide an alternate utility to compromise its use. I think Microsoft is doing the right thing. With Adobe Flash Player installed in my system with Windows 7, it caused the video that I play in browser to stutter. Also it used to crash my browser many times. I know that Adobe Flash Player has problem related to Hardware acceleration which the engineers and technicians at Adobe haven’t still explained.

I am using ATI Radeon X1600 graphic card. The hardware acceleration function doesn’t work well with this graphic card. To add to the existing problems, Adobe Flash Player 11’s settings don’t show the ‘Enable hardware acceleration’ option in the settings. My graphic card supports some ‘Stage3D’ function which works like hardware acceleration. But again Adobe Flash Player 11 doesn’t work with Stage3D.

The graphic driver that you are using is very old. When Adobe was notified of Flash Player 11 not working properly with old graphic drivers, they have announced that Adobe Flash Player 11.2 will be launched with function to work with old graphic drivers. Till then you will have to wait. If the video is showing too much stretching that almost distorts the video then I think you must try to disable graphic card if possible. The onboard graphic card will have hardware acceleration which will work fine with Adobe Flash Player 11.