Thread: How can I downgrade to Flash Player version 11.1.102.62

How can I downgrade to Flash Player version 11.1.102.62

Hello friends, first of all let me tell you the specs:
    • Firefox 10.0.2
    • Safari Version 5.1.3
    • Flash Player: v 11.1.102.64

Now the question is that I am unable to find the prior version of flash player to 11.1.102.62. I searched on several different websites but at all the places I can only find the version 11.1.102.64 and 10.1.102.64, and no other in between versions are found till now. I am really looking out for downgrading the flash player but somehow unable to find the required version.

And even if I get the appropriate version I wont be able to use it as I am completely unaware of the downgrade concept, so please help me out with the complete process.

Re: How can I downgrade to Flash Player version 11.1.102.62

I don’t believe you, how come you did not find those in between version of Flash Player. May I know where you searched for the downgrade version of this player?
    For your kind information let me tell you that I have recently downgraded my flash player version to 11.1.102.63 successfully and during this process I also found your required version i.e. 11.1.102.62. You can download Flash Player 11.1.102.62 from HERE.

Although v11.1.102.62 is my main criteria but as I already mentioned above that in could only find the version 11.1.102.64 and 10.1.102.64 and no other version are found till now.

Let me be clear that I need the entire 11 version for my computer. Actually I already had it on my other system and it worked fine but now I cannot find them all the way, and due to this all I can do is just carry on with the current existing one which is as it is not working fine. Also if possible please let me know whether I need to uninstall the current existing version in order to install the previous version of the player?

Did you ever go through the ARCHIVED FLASH PLAYER VERSIONS page in Adobe.com site? I think you should better visit that page; you would probably get all the appropriate solution over there including all the complete entire version of Flash Player. You need to just download the version you need and follow the instruction mentioned over there
    You can get the procedure of uninstalling, switching between the versions, complete archived versions etc.

Ok, after you download the necessary version obviously you will end up having a zip file which you need to unzip.
    1. Once you unzip the downloaded file
    2. In the same or the specified location you will find the folder of the same zip file name
    3. Just get into it and then into the fp_11.1.102.62_archive\11_1r102_62_64bit folders
    4. Over there inside it you will find a file named flashplayer11_1r102_62_mac.dmg
    5. Click on it to mount the dmg

From then after that you should be probably able to install the Flash Player without having any issue

Also if possible please let me know whether I need to uninstall the current existing version in order to install the previous version of the player?
    Directly installing the desired version will never help you out. You need to however uninstall the current existing version in order to install any version of the Player. If you don’t believe just try out the above installation steps, I am sure you won’t be able to successfully install it.

The other solution for the successful installation of the flash payer would be to just visit “Uninstall the Flash Player Windows” page of adobe official site; there you could probably get the complete steps for both uninstallation and reinstallation of the Flash Player. I guess over there they will also provide you with a uninstaller that would probably help you out in the process of un-installation.

For the successful installation you need to first download the Uninstaller for Flash Player of your windows system:
    Uninstaller 32bit
    Uninstaller 64bit

• Once done with the downloading
    • Exit the browser and the programs that use Flash Player
    • Run the Uninstaller
    • Then verify that the uninstallation is completed successfully
    • And now install the desired version

Directly installing the desired version will never help you out. You need to however uninstall the current existing version in order to install any version of the Player. if you don’t believe just try out the above installation steps, I am sure you wont be able to successfully install it.
    With the Flash Player installer you can upgrade or downgrade to any version without even having uninstalling the current one. And if you face any issue with the process you can probably try out the solution:
    1. Download the installer
    2. Close the browser and Run the installer
    3. Reboot the system
    4. Delete the remaining folders and files from the following location:
      • C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash
      • C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
      • %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player
      • %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player

Make sure that the file “FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl” in C:\Window\system32\ for 32 bit systems and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ for 64 bit system has been deleted. And now download the required version.