Thread: Local Storage setting for Adobe Flash Player keeps changing

Local Storage setting for Adobe Flash Player keeps changing

I have recently updated the Adobe Flash Player on my Macbook Pro. After this update, the Flash Player has stopped saving the settings that I had configured. For example, I had blocked certain websites that should be allowed to save any data on my system. But still I find data from that websites in my system. Again, every time I start my Macbook Pro, it asks m to set location for saving data or to use custom set location. It doesn’t install every time, but just asks for location to save data. No other problem is seen. Does anyone else too experience this or is it just my Mac?

Re: Local Storage setting for Adobe Flash Player keeps changing

You must be getting a small pop-up window for settings. I don’t know if it appears for specific websites like youtube or Vimeo but I used to get it always before playing any video on Youtube. It is required for web browser to store small cache data on your system that helps to buffer the video. It might give an option to allow data from this website always or never. You can set it to always. For trusted website, it should always be set to ‘Allow’. This pop-up will always appear on laying video that will come through RSS feed.

I too had experienced this problem in past and had set it to ‘Allow’. I used to clear Cookies and other Cache data manually. But then this would take the website to open more time in Firefox. I had set it to allow for trusted websites. But this used o give problem when some data required flash player that came in RSS feed. Also keeping the ‘Allow on for every website can make your system vulnerable to threats like Hacking or Data snooping.

This problem is not seen in Firefox when used in Safe Mode. In Safe Mode the settings are preserved. When working on this problem on Safe Mode, I found the real culprit was an Add-on. Firefox in safe mode doesn’t activate the plug-ins. One can activate plug-in one at a time whenever needed. So I activated one plug-in at a time to see if the problem occurs. In this whole process I found a plug-in that was the culprit.

This problem is recognized by Adobe as bug 3108305. When the bug is set toTrack, defer or closed, the problem can be reproduced. It can’t get high priority for research in Adobe as it is created due to user’s settings.