Thread: Adobe Flash Player & Adobe Air for Android

Adobe Flash Player & Adobe Air for Android

I want to download adobe flash player for my tablet that works on Android 2.3. I went on Adobe’s official website to see if any version is available but couldn’t find it. I also want to download Adobe Air for Android. Does someone know where I can get it? Has anyone else downloaded it on Android?

Re: Adobe Flash Player & Adobe Air for Android

The functionality previously available in extension for Adobe Flash Player Professional CS5 to deploy applications on Android enable devices is now an integral part of Flash Professional CS5.5. It is now equipped with functionality like multiscreen testing, more debugging capabilities and many more such functionality. It is designed for more advanced interactive experience for its users. These changes are made for Flash Player for smartphones, tablets, PC and Macintosh. This was announced on April 11, 2011 and will be made available for users after 30 days.

Adobe has many products varying in use and platforms. It is difficult to search a specific product on their website until it is new product. But the Flash Player you are asking for is very common one. You have to specify more than just name to get it on adobe website. Moreover, the webpage on which the required flash player is available may not be optimized for Android based web browsers. You can try Android’s website. They put all the add-ons and extensions available for Android there, you can select the desired one if it is available. I suggest you to go on Android website, it will confirm that if Flash Player is available or not for your tablet.

Adobe had said that they want to promote the Flash Player for every platform possible. On their website, option for downloading Flash Player for Solaris is available. Why can’t they add a section for downloads related to Android. Now that Android OS is being widely accepted, a section for Android download is must on Adobe website’s download section.

Adobe air is available on Android market and Amazon market for purchase. You can download it from there for your Android based tablet. If you have any application that requires Adobe Air for its operation, then it will first search your system. If not detected, it will first redirect you to website which appropriate for downloading Adobe Air. Once you download it, the installation will continue. Adobe Air is a onetime installation add-on. Once you install it, there is no need for downloading it, you will need to update it once in a while.

The requirements of your Android for installing Adobe Flash Player must be,
    • ARMv7 processor with vector FPU, minimum 550MHz, OpenGL ES 2.0, H.264 and AAC HW decoders
    • Android™ 2.2, 2.3, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, and 4.0
    • 256MB of RAM
    • Android web browser

Adobe Flash Player 11 will be supported in every Android device. It will play almost every content that requires Flash Player like Web browser based games, videos and interactive websites. Adobe is also working on making Flash Player more friendly and dedicated for using it in Android devices. Nowadays, many websites use interactive content on their website, so having Flash Player on Android device will be necessary.

sakes Guest

it will confirm that if Flash Player is available or not for your tablet.