Thread: Website videos becomes choppy and audio won’t work properly on Flash player

Website videos becomes choppy and audio won’t work properly on Flash player

Seems like the videos on my website are not compatible. I have a self constructed and designed website that was specially made for flash based videos. And on that website I have three videos in all. For your kind information let me tell you that I have been playing those videos from past few years and they have never created any issue until now. but now suddenly one amongst those videos have started giving a playback issue and also that video sometimes chops a lot and stops and go.

If compare this video with other two videos then I must say that it is longest amongst them of some 6.5 minutes and the other two are 1 minute and 3.5 minutes respectively.

Re: Website videos becomes choppy and audio won’t work properly on Flash player

Ok so you mean to say that only the video with the longest time length is facing that issue and rest other two short videos are running fine. If it’s really the case then I must surely say that everything has to done something with the bandwidth or the internet speed. Make sure that your ISP is sufficient for that video to work on your system and website. anyways can you tell me what is the bandwidth of your internet. also if possible let me know your download and upload speed. Better if possible take a speed test of your bandwidth.

Let me tell you that initially even I believed that the issue is with my bandwidth so therefore I switched the ISP and increased the speed from 5 mbps to 25 mbps with download speed of 0.89 mb to 1.89 upload speeds which is sufficient for playing any videos of any length. But then too when I tested the videos with this new bandwidth I found the same issue, in fact the video with 1 minutes also showed the same behavior as that of the 6.5 min. now I must say that both the video have the stagger issue.

Anyways the second videos with 3.5 min is still working well and hope it works as it is without getting any further issue as the other two videos. I have both the system and flash player with the latest version but still I am having the issue.
    • iMac: OSX version 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)
    • Flashplayer: Latest Version 11.1.102

Hey I don’t feel that having either of the latest OS or Flash player will make any difference. For your kind information let me tell you that even I am having the same issue and till now I have tried out all the possible solution but none of them showed any behavior. Even in my case I could notice that only few of the videos are chopping and showing the audio problem whereas other videos are working well as if there no such issue going around with the player.

Regarding the system I would say that I have already tried out playing the video with other Mac system. I have 3 different Mac systems present at my home sharing the same ISP wirelessly. And all three of them show the same issue. 2 of the system is running Snow Leopard OS and the other one is running Lion OS. That’s the reason I am being so definite with the system and the versions and saying that the issue has nothing to do with the OS of the system.

Ok, so by looking into affords of trying out the videos with three different systems and that too connecting them to the same ISP I can say that there could be surely something wrong with the ISP.

In detail, it looks like that your network connection is unable read or buffers the videos as fast as compare to the bandwidth. Due to which you are facing this pause or chopping issue. And in the case of the one which is playing fine I would say that your system must have somehow caught the data and due to this the video is working well and fair enough.

I have only 1 possible solution to suggest you, why don’t you try out clearing cache of both the browser and Flash Player just to make sure that the problem is somewhat sorted or not.

Let me tell you that initially even I believed that the issue is with my bandwidth so therefore I switched the ISP and increased the speed from 5 mbps to 25 mbps with download speed of 0.89 mb to 1.89 upload speeds which is sufficient for playing any videos of any length.
    Is your 25 mbps with 1.89 uploading speed shown just in the advertisement or it actually gives you this speed from the online test. I would also suggest you to try downloading more videos and make them run on your website note down the performance of that video. Just try out testing your broadband speed against a 50mb file.

I have only possible solution to suggest you, why don’t you try out clearing cache of both the browser and Flash Player just to make sure that the problem is somewhat sorted or not.
    I guess clearing the cache in flash player means deleting all the data figures by getting into the Global Settings. Hope this is what you are exactly referring to.

I use to do the same whenever I had an video issue. I still remember the first time I cleared the entire data from the global settings the videos played like with an ease and smoothness. But then later on after few days again the videos started chopping. And again when I cleared the cache again the videos played fine. The issue is definitely with the cache.

Anyways if possible try downloading a .mov file and then play the same video in Quicktime player.

Anyways if possible try downloading a .mov file and then play the same video in Quicktime player.
    I found your trick quite interesting and in fact I also tried it. What exactly I did was:
    • Copied the link
    • then closed down the firefox browser
    • Opened Quicktime app
    • Went to File from Menu
    • Open URL and then pasted the URL over there

The first time it stopped once by making the quick time player into a pause mode. But later on after few seconds I clicked play and then onwards it ran perfectly. Repeated the process several time and all the time the execution was nice and perfect.

Just to make sure I would like to clear what exactly I mean by deleting the Flash Player cache other than the browser’s cache.
    1. Go to Flash Player
    2. Storage Tab
    3. Click Delete All
    4. Delete “All Data and Settings”
    5. Delete Data
    6. Refresh everything
    7. Or reboot the system and the flash player