Thread: Unable to navigate between the pdf files in Adobe Reader 10.1.0

Unable to navigate between the pdf files in Adobe Reader 10.1.0

I use pdf files to link to other pdf file which I have created using (Open Office with pdf-export). But there seems to be problem after updating my adobe to version 10 from my oldest version adobe 9. The problem is that I can’t navigate between them there is no such button to move forward and backward. Is there any way that I can use for navigating forward or backward in my new version of adobe?

re: Unable to navigate between the pdf files in Adobe Reader 10.1.0

I don’t have much Idea regarding the adobe but I don’t think so that we can navigate in adobe 10. But I can navigate using acrobat. In acrobat these option for Go to Page View. These action can be used for opening other pdf file and navigate to the page you want. You can also establish the page zoom. Then you have to set the link to complete the entire option.

See you friend you are getting it entirely in a different way. What I mean is for example there is a Document1.pdf with named Document2.pdf as the destination link. When I click to the link in Document1.pdf, Document2.pdf opens. How to get back to the Document1.pdf? I can do it in adobe 9 by using "Previous View" but is there any option in adobe reader 10?

Yes you are right this option is removed. It is removed for the security purpose the ability to move back in adobe 9 seems to be a backdoor approach that’s the reason they have removed these feature.

Yes, you are Wright this “previous view” option I can’t find in adobe 10. But you can try this alternate option place the topic associated PDFs into a portfolio. Or you can provide PDF "Table of Contents" with link to related associated PDF. Then output these pdfs to the authoring environment. The link should be on each pdf to content pdf.