Thread: Blank screen with Adobe Flash Player on Firefox

Blank screen with Adobe Flash Player on Firefox

Until yesterday everything was working fine with Adobe Flash Player but suddenly today morning when I tried to watch an online video using Firefox browser, I could hear only the audio of the clip and no video are displayed on the Flash player screen. Also when I tried to access the settings, I was unable to access it.

I have seriously no idea what exactly should I do as I am completely unaware of the software things. I hope here I could get some possible solution for this problem.

Re: Blank screen with Adobe Flash Player on Firefox

I somewhat have bit knowledge about the hardware and software section of a computer system. Currently even I am facing the similar problem and not yet come up with a proper solution. Although I have tried out certain possible tricks none of them worked in my case.

Amongst them one which partially worked was disabling hardware acceleration on Firefox and then from the Player to pages that did work properly. But I have noticed that the issue has something to do only with the firefox browser as the viewing of the video works fine on Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. And that’s the reason I completely uninstalled Firefox and then reinstalled it but that really helped me out.

Maybe these tricks will somehow help you out, so better try them and let me know.

Yeah even I believe that the issue has something to do with the Firefox. But the only suggestion I could probably give you is to try creating a new Firefox profile and see whether it helps or not:
    1. To start the Create Profile Wizard
    2. Click Create Profile from Profile Manager.
    3. Click Next
    4. Enter the name of the profile
    5. Use a profile name
    6. You can also choose where to store the profile on your computer (click Choose Folder)
    7. To create the new profile click Finish

I believe that Firefox profile could reason for this issue. As everyone know that a corrupt profile always causes all types of issues with the firefox. But you cannot decide that the problem which you are facing is just because of a bad profile that too without even confirming. But you want to know whether the issue is with the bad profile then you could probably check it out by creating a new profile. Once if creating a new profile solves your problem then you could surely copy past all your data to the new profile without getting any problem.

Once you are done with the new profile creation then you can select it in the profile manager and then Start Firefox.

Make sure that you remove the all the Flash Player Cache and for that you need to:
    1. Click Start
    2. Run
    3. Type %appdata%\Adobe
    4. Click OK
    5. Delete the Flash player folder
    6. Again you need to go to Run
    7. And this time type %appdata%Wacromedia
    8. Delete the Flash player folder

Hey guess above solution should sort out the issue. One was one amongst those who had the exact same blank screen issue. Initially I tried out all the possible solution like drivers, BIOS and other updates including the Flash player and firefox.

Ultimately I was suggested by an expert to try out the same above solution and that did work for me well.

Once you are done with the new profile creation then you can select it in the profile manager and then Start Firefox.
    And if you want to go for creating a new Firefox profile and see whether it helps you out or not, make sure that while creating the new profile you do not delete the old profile. Because by doing that you would probably loose all your bookmarks, history, password etc.

I have some doubts, I too have the same issue but in my case I have notice certain things. The first thing is that whenever I play any videos they sometimes shows this blank screen behavior and sometimes plays normally but only on same websites. And when I try to watch the same video on my other system running the same OS and firefox version, everything works perfectly.

I know that the above solutions would somehow work for this issue but I just wanted to know what is exactly is the main cause of this issue.

And the second things is that if I go for creating a new profile, should I continue with the new profile and then reinstall all my bookmarks and add on to see whether what was the cause for the problem.

To be frank even I am not aware of the main cause of this problem, but even I am certainly sure that all the solutions given above can somehow eliminate all your related issue with the flash player and firefox. Other than this I would strongly recommend you to reinstall your bookmarks.

And about add on better you do it half at a time and then check between each attempt, this would help you to see whether you are having the problems with viewing the steams. In my case I was not even able to view videos in any of the browser no matter which browser I use. And another strange thing was that I was able to watch you tube video properly but all other browser-embedded videos did play properly.