Thread: Should Wake on Lan feature be added in LogMeIn ignition for Iphone?

Should Wake on Lan feature be added in LogMeIn ignition for Iphone?

Recently I have installed Logmein Ignition for my Iphone. Having a great fun using this app, enjoyed each and every feature of this app, didn’t have any issue yet. But after using this software for long time I have noticed some of the demerits of this app, not exactly demerits but there are certain features that are truly needed to be added into it.

Amongst those features I personally wanted to add Wake on Lan standard to be however added into the LogMeIn Ignition for Iphone. Right now the thing is that I am finding it difficult to connect or switch on my system in order to get connected. And if this Wake on Lan feature is once added to this software then surely things are going to work out smoothly.

Re: Should Wake on Lan feature be added in LogMeIn ignition for Iphone?

I completely agree with you my friend. You have exactly come up with the solution for the problem with many of the users were facing. Actually all the Logmein users were unable to either describe or get a solution for this thing but however you came up with one, that’s great.

Currently at the moment what exactly I or other user needs to do is to go into safari then log in and then go back to the system and then turn it on, then again return back to the ignition and carry on with the work. This process really takes a long time just to connection via connect the system via ignition.

I personally request the LogMeIn main department or the tech support to somehow carry forward this suggestion and however try to implement this feature in the upcoming version of this software.

Amongst those features I personally wanted to add Wake on Lan standard to be however added into the LogMeIn Ignition for Iphone. Right now the thing is that I am finding it difficult to connect or switch on my system in order to get connected. And if this Wake On Lan feature is once added to this software then surely things are going to work out smoothly.
    I do partially agree and also appreciate your suggestion. “Partially” is the word I used because I personally believe that there are certain changes or might be corrections that are needed to done in your statement. First of all Wake On Lan feature is really needed to be added but not just on Iphones, they need to be added on other smartphones too. I don’t think iphone is the only device which is using this app there are also other devices using this app. So it is quite understandable that if they are developing such functionality in future they have to do it considering the compatibility with all the phones.

Yes the feature is to be added or made for all the compatible smartphone and not just for Iphones as mentioned in the title, I hope its better if the title is edited with no specified device name. I am an android user and I am using this software since 1 year and I do really like it. I would also really want to however see this Wake On Lan feature to be added in my android phone too. I am very much desperate with this feature from the time I found that this feature is not available on the mobile phone version of its website. I guess we can still use the Wake On Lan downloading it from web but it would be better if its made separate for ignition.

Some few months ago when I downloaded this software on my new Iphone 4 I had the same doubt with some other issue. Then later on I called up the tech support team and the first I sorted out the other related issue and ultimately asked them regarding the WOL app, I also explained them in details about its requirement in iphone. Later on after few days I got a mail from them saying that the Product Team of ignition is going to look into the requirement and somehow going to come up with some positive feedback, they are surely going to come up with this feature added to the next update of ignition for Iphone. Hope they will show up some good sign.

Yes the feature is to be added or made for all the compatible smartphone and not just for Iphones as mentioned in the title, I hope its better if the title is edited with no specified device name. I am an android user and I am using this software since 1 year and I do really like it. I would also really want to however see this Wake On Lan feature to be added in my android phone too.
    I do not see any requirement of this feature to be made saperetely for android phone as there are already many WOL applications that are made especially for the Android devices. You just have to google it or you can also get the WOL application from the android market. I have found one from the appbrain.com site. And for your kind information let me tell you that it has been rated with an excellent mark so for sure this application is somehow going to be satisfying for all those android users. Not just the app helps you to wake up the server but also it can probably store the history of sent packets and also save for remembering the MAC address.

I am really confused with you people’s doubts requirement. For all the people who believe that LogMeIn ignition has not yet came up with any such feature can please note that with the last years ignition updates for the iOS the WOL i.e. Wake On Lan feature was completely added into it. Also it was added on web regarding all its working information and etc.

On their page they clearly mentioned that for the entire LogMeIn Ignition user with ipad or iphone, most of the newly introduced or latest features are introduced in this new update. Also the latest features were added clearly mentioned on that update page which clearly mentioned the added feature of waking up the sleep computer using the Wake On Lan.

Yes that’s true, even I have read about this feature that has been introduced in the last update of LogMeIn ignition, if I am not mistaken I guess in the last line of the feature list they mentioned about the WOL. Also let me tell you that I am currently using this feature in my Ipad which is working quite well, I got this feature from the last update as said. Just to enable it what I did was:

1. Open LogMeIn
    2. Select Options from the left menu
    3. Click Preferences
    4. Click Advanced Tab
    5. Check Enable Wake On LAN from sleep and power off
    6. Click OK

I am not sure but I guess that update was release some exactly 1 year ago i.e. 17th March 2011. You must have known about this thing. But anyways that’s not an issue you can still check out the detailed information about the update and make sure to check out the newly introduced features from which WOL is one amongst them. and if you face any other issue in future with the with WOL functionality then without any irritation you can simple visit this PAGE and sort out your issue. hope this link will help you out.